cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the Fido App?

PissedOffAppUse
I'm a participant level 3

For the past two weeks, I have received notifications about draws for fifty cards. When I open the app to see the message (which I must do since tapping the notification does not take me right to the message), I click the "check it out" button. Instead of going to the contest entry, it just takes me back to the start page of the app.

Trying to report these problem is even more frustrating as the "contact us" link in the app takes one on a similar circular journey.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PissedOffAppUse,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app!

I reproduced the steps you mentioned and it brought me to the Fido XTRA main page where I had to click again on Check It Out to go to the entry. Can you clarify what exactly you mean by "start page of the app", do you mean that it brings you back to the Usage Page?

If yes, what happens when you click on Perks Every Thursday? Do you see the offer there and does it work when you click on Check it Out?

Also, do you have the latest version of the app? Did you try unintalling and reinstalling the app?

Keep us posted.

PissedOffAppUse

Yes, clicking "check it out" takes me back to the usage page.

I tried the "perks every Thursday" link and that works fine. However, my point is that the large yellow button saying "check it out" should take me to a page that allows one to check it out. Going to the usage page where a link that appears as not much more than background noise that must be clicked is poor design. Even if the "perks every Thursday" link were more visible, the need to click something extra after clicking "check it out" is totally unnecessary.

There were just too many clicks to get that far...

1. Click on notification about offer - acceptable click.

2. App opens up on usage page, so had to click on "messages" - unnecessary click #1

3. List of messages appears - had to click on new message - unnecessary click #2

4. Message provides overview of offer with "check it out" button to click - acceptable click.

5. Button takes one back to usage page - confusing unexpected result, had to then click "perks every Thursday" - unnecessary click #3

6. Page with details of offer where checkbox to agree to terms and button to enter appear - acceptable clicks.

Now that I know that I can just click "perks every Thursday" at step 2, doing that jumps me directly to step 6. However, this leaves the "messages" tab indicating there are unread messages - another bad design feature.

Speaking of bad design features, why is it that I cannot delete messages from my inbox? Or is there some hard-to-notice link to do so that I've been missing? I have tried pressing and holding as well as swiping, but these do nothing. I have noticed that messages about offers automatically disappear, so they must have an expiry feature which is working, but I don't have the ability to delete it sooner than its expiry date. Most annoying is the fact that a message with the subject "Welcome to your Message inbox!" remains there - it is dated "March 25, 2018 17:04" - a constant reminder of the poor design of this app.

Hello @PissedOffAppUse,

So to confirm, you're able to access the offer when going through the Perks Every Thursday tab?

You're unable to delete the messages manually in the inbox. 

Have you tried reinstalling the app? 

PissedOffAppUse

As I mentioned, the "perks every Thursday" tab works, but I won't repeat the problems it causes.

As for trying to reinstall, this is the most idiotic advice that unfortunately comes up far too often when dealing with apps these days. It's like spilling red juice on a white carpet and being told to tear out the carpet and reinstall the same carpet back to see if the stain disappears.

The reinstalled app will still not have a delete function to delete messages from my inbox. I know this because I have tried this already.

Hey @PissedOffAppUse,

There isn't an option to delete the messages. 

We're simply trying to get a resolution by suggesting troubleshooting steps. We take note of your feedback.

If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us here

PissedOffAppUse

"There isn't an option to delete the messages."

Precisely my point: there should be.

Proper response: "Thanks for the suggestion. We have passed it on to the App development team."

Software is supposed to be about the user's experience as it performs its task. Far too many Apps are written with blinders to this concept, and this extends to the thought that support should involve telling the user to uninstall and reinstall being the solution to a problem has somehow become universally acceptable. It isn't.

Thank you for your feedback. We're indeed always looking to improve the app!