cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links to contests in Fido Extra Not Working

helkur
I'm a contributor level 1

I have tried on many occasions to enter the contests using the link in the Fido Extra page. )Cineplex Odeon this time). Anyone else have this issue?

30 REPLIES 30

Hey @ayw! Thanks for the info. Smiley

We'll have to take a closer look at that with you. We'll reply to your PM shortly.

Talk to you soon!

helkur

Issue not resolved. App was updated and I have the latest iOS software. Enter button still not working. Seems like your team should try simulating entering any contest using an IPhone X. 

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I will forward to a technical support @FidoSolutions as I run on Android. 

Please confirm you are a postpaid customer not on a corporate plan and trying doing entry this way:

1) Open my account Fido app

2 ) when the app opens on the main page Usage tag about half middle selecting Fido perks every Thursday

3)on the perks  page selecting check it out bar of your interest.

On the contest page itself tick (or try tick)to accept the terms then tick the bar enter the contest.

Also subscribe

Fido extra perks registered for updates make sure you allow the Fido app notification and in-app input access through your device. Last thing check if your device is unlock and/or if you have multiple provider service were Fido could be set as secondary associated  on the phone number. Was your apple tablet from or setup with Fido?

Fido  will DM more troubleshoot for your device if you require.

I hope this helps 🙂

helkur

Hello,

I was in Fido Xtra and saw there was a contest to win a gift card. I read the rules and regulations and accepted their Terms and Condition. When clicking on the enter button nothing happens.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my iPhone and iPad, tried the same again on both my device numbers (wifi and cellular) and still the same. The enter button does not work.

Thanks

Hello @helkur,

The contest you're referring to is the Cineplex giftcard contest which expired on the 1st of January 2020. 

Had you verified the History tab for contests that you entered previously?

helkur

Hello,

I am not able to enter any contests.  THE ENTER BUTTON DOESN'T WORK FOR ANY CONTESTS I HAVE TRIED TO ENTER IN THE PAST.

Thanks for getting back to us, @helkur!

Can you tell us the model of your phone?

Also, can you un-install and re-install the app again and access Fido XTRA through the Usage tab while OFF WiFi and connected to LTE and try to participate in the current contest going on?

Please send us another screenshot of what happens. 

helkur

Hello,

Thats the problem. It doesn’t go past the screen when I try to press the enter button. I CANNOT ENTER THE contest.

Not sure how much more clear I can be about that.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @helkur!

Would you be able to send a screenshot of the screen you're stuck at? This will help us figure things out! Smiley

Also, keep in mind that you need to access Fido XTRA via the usage tab, and not the in-app messages as that will bring you back to the usage tab.

Let us know!

helkur

DD916C04-21DA-4E63-B194-25BE7DD09786.jpeg