Google Play carrier billing

I'm a Participant Level 2 DeevyW
I'm a Participant Level 2

Google Play carrier billing

Hello all,
A long time ago I was able to purchase things from the play store using Fido carrier billing but now I can't use that option. The option says: Device is not provisioned for carrier billing. BTW I'm a prepaid user. Any ideas what wrong? Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Google Play carrier billing

@KAPABLE-K

You are correct I should I was just teed off at Fido after a call total of almost an hour then telling me call Google..blah blah.

On that forum it said clear cache then data from the Google Play Store App then reboot the phone try the purchase select payment options and you should have all the choices. I was skeptical but followed the instructions and there was the option to charge on my Fido bill.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

HI @DeevyW,

Did anything changed since the last time you made a purchase from the play store? Like phone number, phone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 34

Hello @KAPABLE-K

Nothing has changed: I've had the same number for ~6 years. My last purchase from the Play Store was about a year ago. I tried removing the "carrier billing" option from my Google Account and retried purchasing. When it tries to confirm if my Fido account is available for carrier billing, it just says that my Fido account isn't available to purchase.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

OK after reading some info on Google site I came up with this.

If you don't see a carrier billing option, keep in mind:

• Direct carrier billing is only available using the Google Play Store app. It isn't available on the Google Play website on a computer or mobile browser.
  • Your account with your carrier must be in good standing.

Check with your carrier to make sure:

• You haven't exceeded your carrier's monthly spending limit.
  • Your device and service plan allow premium content purchases.
  • Your device can use direct carrier billing.

It could be because you are a prepaid user and your plan does not allow  premium content purchases. We will have to get a Fido moderator to see if thats why its not working for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 34

Hello again @KAPABLE-K,

I actually tried purchasing again and this time my transaction went through. I guess it just resolved by itself. Thank you for your help though!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

I'm happy it works for you now but it still would be nice to know why it happened so we can know in the event it happens again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 34
I'm a Contributor Level 1 RolandJO
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello, I have a question about the fido billing. Does it have to be your personal google account to purchase games? I let my grandson use my phone to play games and he has his own google account and I was going to let him buy a few games but did not know exactly how it works.

Thank You

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@RolandJO It does not have to be your own personal account but you will be responsible for all the charges.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 34
I'm a Contributor Level 1 RolandJO

Hi, I was wondering if there is a spending limit on the carrier billing? And is it reset at the end of your billing cycle?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 34
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Excellent question @RolandJO! Customers can only purchase items that are $60 or less, up to a maximum of $100 per month, per phone number. I hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 34
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Chazc7zz

I would like to open this topic again because I am unable to bill Fido for Google play store purchases. I never used it before but all my Fido friends are able to, when I go to play store and go to payment methods the option Bill my Fido account is there but then in red it has not eligible.

I am just curious why I might not be, I checked what is needed to be able to bill the carrier and I check all off, I am sure my account is in good standing, the phone a Galaxy S6 a Monthly plan. So why am I not eligible?

I just called in and the person on the phone was no help.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@Chazc7zz the feature will only work if you are using the Play store app on the phone, it will not work if you are using a PC or mobile browser also you have to make sure your account allows for premium content purchases.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 34

Thanks for the reply, I am using the play store app on the phone but how do I check to see if the account allows premiun content?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 34

FYI I solved this problem by browsing Verizon's forum, what a joke that I could get no help from Fido support calling and waiting online 15 Minutes.

This an other issues lately, after years at Fido I can't wait for Sept for this contract to end.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 34
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@Chazc7zz why don't you share what you did to solve your problem so it can help others in the future.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 34