Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play carrier billing

DeevyW
I'm a participant level 2

Hello all,
A long time ago I was able to purchase things from the play store using Fido carrier billing but now I can't use that option. The option says: Device is not provisioned for carrier billing. BTW I'm a prepaid user. Any ideas what wrong? Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

33 REPLIES 33

asaturnwave

Attempting to use the subscriber billing payment option in the Google Play Store results in an error popping up after it tries tto SMS Fido for verification: OR-DVASA2-02. The same issue occurs on a Rogers SimCard.

After the routine restarts and data clearing for a couple days, I called Fido. The agent told me that this issue has just popped up, with other customers calling in today regarding the same issue.

So, I:m posting here in hooes someone can alert me when I theee's a solution for the problem, or if the issue is fixed, so I can know. Thank you! :-})

PS device is a Galaxy S8. Payments by other methods work and subscriber billing has worked previously.

Thanks for posting @asaturnwave!

I moved your post to this thread as the answers above may help resolve things for you Smiley

Can you try out the payments.google.com method that @FidoClaudia and @FidoFaiza mentioned?

Let us know if that works and we'll go from there!

asaturnwave
Hi, I actually had already found this thread before calling support and later posting here when I was searching for a fix. Removing the carrier billing is when this specific error message began appearing, therefore, adding carrier billing back is part of the problem. I've also tried using multiple Google accounts, as well. The issue is still occuring today.

Thanks for the clarification, @asaturnwave!

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look into it Smiley

RolandJO
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello, I have a question about the fido billing. Does it have to be your personal google account to purchase games? I let my grandson use my phone to play games and he has his own google account and I was going to let him buy a few games but did not know exactly how it works.

Thank You

@RolandJO It does not have to be your own personal account but you will be responsible for all the charges.

RolandJO

Hi, I was wondering if there is a spending limit on the carrier billing? And is it reset at the end of your billing cycle?

Excellent question @RolandJO! Customers can only purchase items that are $60 or less, up to a maximum of $100 per month, per phone number. I hope this helps. Smiley

MissSneaky
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is there anyway to raise the spending limit of 100 dollars a month 

Morning @MissSneaky,

I'm afraid there is no way to increase the limit. $100 is the max available. 

Cheers

Chazc7zz

I would like to open this topic again because I am unable to bill Fido for Google play store purchases. I never used it before but all my Fido friends are able to, when I go to play store and go to payment methods the option Bill my Fido account is there but then in red it has not eligible.

I am just curious why I might not be, I checked what is needed to be able to bill the carrier and I check all off, I am sure my account is in good standing, the phone a Galaxy S6 a Monthly plan. So why am I not eligible?

I just called in and the person on the phone was no help.

@Chazc7zz the feature will only work if you are using the Play store app on the phone, it will not work if you are using a PC or mobile browser also you have to make sure your account allows for premium content purchases.

Chazc7zz

Thanks for the reply, I am using the play store app on the phone but how do I check to see if the account allows premiun content?

Chazc7zz

FYI I solved this problem by browsing Verizon's forum, what a joke that I could get no help from Fido support calling and waiting online 15 Minutes.

This an other issues lately, after years at Fido I can't wait for Sept for this contract to end.

@Chazc7zz why don't you share what you did to solve your problem so it can help others in the future.

Chazc7zz

@KAPABLE-K

You are correct I should I was just teed off at Fido after a call total of almost an hour then telling me call Google..blah blah.

On that forum it said clear cache then data from the Google Play Store App then reboot the phone try the purchase select payment options and you should have all the choices. I was skeptical but followed the instructions and there was the option to charge on my Fido bill.

Hey Chazc7zz!

Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the rest of the Community! 

Happy to hear that you were able to get it all sorted out. Smiley

StevenEllis

A while ago I was able to bill my Fido account if I wanted to purchase something off of the google play store, now it just says not eligable and sending verification sms. I have always payed my bills and not sure how to activate this billing option

Hello @StevenEllis welcome to the community!

Try clearing the cache then data from the Google Play Store App then reboot the phone and retry the purchase select payment options and you should have all the choices.

StevenEllis
@KAPABLE-K I have done that but it keeps saying not eligable. I have no idea what else to do in this situation as I would like to be able to make some in game purchases but I cannot