cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data tracking only showing data used

hannahgirl
I'm a participant level 2

Hello. My Fido app updated recently and the new updated version changed how data is displayed. It now says 700 used but it doesn't tell me if that's out of the data I already have or if that's over my data. The previous set up was easier to understand . Can someone tell me if I'm over or under my 2 G of data 

18 REPLIES 18

NLC9
I'm a participant level 3

The current data tracking display is not convenient and friendly. I definitely know how to do the calculation, but it could have a chance I or my other subscribers forgot how's the plan. If it's an issue, to be fix, then I would be okay to wait. If not, I would recommend to indicate back the remaining data allowance. Thank you

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @NLC9

We know how important it is to be able to track your usage conveniently and this isn't the normal display for the app. We're aware of it and our technicians are currently working on getting it fixed asap! In the meantime, you should be able to track your usage normally on your online account on fido.ca directly or by calling *3337.

You can check out the solution of this thread for all the details.

Hope this helps!

sally5

For for the past 5 days, the cell phone app to see data usage is not available. Any idea if that is a Fido issue? 

Hey @sally5! I hope your doing well. Smiley

I've moved your post here for you. It has the answer you're looking for.

linhhhdo
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Data usage, i have no idea what is going on, there is only 5 days till my cycle resets. I did not change my plan or anything similar, just checked and saw this. Is this affect my current usage and bill of the next month? Am I charged for using data these days?? Thank you!

E13094F6-9BCE-4B0E-8B33-16DB45B0EC21.png

Hey @linhhhdo! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I've moved your post here for you. It has the answer you're looking for.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @hannahgirl and hey @jgrsnts and @Jerome1983 (I merged your posts with hannahgirl's as it's related to the same subject)!

We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing this when attempting to track their data use through the My Account app and we're working on getting it fixed as fast as we can. 

In the meantime, I can confirm that, as long as the app is displaying that you have used less than the amount of data that comes with your plan, then you have not yet gone over your allotted data. 

In terms of knowing how much data you have remaining, you can simply substract the amount you've used from the amount in your plan. A GB contains 1024 MB, so, for example, for a plan that comes with 2 GB, you would have up to 2048 MB available to use. If you subtract 700 MB from that, you will have 1348 MB remaining.  

You can also track your data by dialing *3337 from your Fido phone, as well as on Fido.ca.

Hope this helps!

Jerome1983

Hey *3337 doesnt work for me i dont have unlimited gigs and honestly have no idea how they charge youre data . The app does that work for me . Real time data ! That is what the app is for... my billing cycle starts in almost 3 weeks so if i cant c my usage i shouldnt b responsible of the charges.???? 

Ps thank u fidoamanda Smiley

Hey @Jerome1983

We're working on having this resolved as quickly as we can. We send you messages prior to you exceeding the amount to give you a heads up. If you go over the amount of data included in the plan, it would still be considered legitimate overages.

The information to track your usage should also be available through *3337, can you clarify what you mean by it not working for you? 

Jerome1983

Hey thank u for the info.... *3337 does not WORK

Hey @Jerome1983! Happy to help. Smiley

Can you describe what happens when you try to use *3337 please?

Do you get an error message?

Thanks!

Jerome1983

It says there was changes to my acound and unable to help me. There was no changes!!! To my account!!!

Hey @Jerome1983!

This is also something that can happen in this scenario. However if you're not able to look at your data usage in any way, I would have to recommend you to count your data usage manually. There are a lot of data manager apps that would be able to measure exactly how much data you are using at any time, as well as build reports on your consumption for free.

I hope this helps!

Jerome1983

Realy!? All thow it might help some! it doesnt realy help me! I have to use my data to down load an app to tell me how much data im using ..... like i said soon it will b a week this problem has bin going on ! And un acceptable! 

Hey @Jerome1983!

We understand it's really an inconvenient situation, we are doing everything that we can to fix this as soon as possible.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello team, I am experiencing the same usage issues listed above. The Fido app is unable to display my current usage. If I log into Fido.ca, I can see data used only. I’m glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Thanks Fido Forum!

4150D9B4-7FDE-4D4C-89AA-DB870E181E0A.png

jgrsnts

I tried checking my data usage using the app on my iphone, but it says that details are not available. It also says that the reason for this is because changes were made to my plan. On my account in the fido website, it says that the information will not be available until the next billing cycle? Why did this happen? I have not made any changes to my account.

Capture.PNG

Jerome1983

Hey just wondering why i can not c my live data usage? Neither on the app and neither on the fido internet page. I tried calling fido and they cant help me either.

on the app it says that since i suposedly made changes to my acount i can not c any usage until my next billing cycle? What can i do? Pls help