cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s7 stuck on "Downloading.... do not turn off target

JellyBeanz
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

my phone just went into downloading screen. it says downloading.... do not turn off target. I tried holding the home+power+down volume buttons but it just restarts and goes back to the same screen 

Please help me out

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

You can try this to see whether it help: 

If you can access it, go to settings -> applications -> find Google Play Store, clean cache and data for Google Play Store. 

If still not working, unistall all updates for  Google Play Store.  

Hope this will work 

@AdamBeast wrote:

You can try this to see whether it help: 

If you can access it, go to settings -> applications -> find Google Play Store, clean cache and data for Google Play Store. 

If still not working, unistall all updates for  Google Play Store.  

Hope this will work 

@AdamBeast This is what download mode looks like.

Samsung-Galaxy-Download-Mode-Signed.png

When you enter download mode its to flash either an entire Android OS or modems, radio etc.updates.

The Android OS don't even load at this point so there is no way to access the Play Store or anything within the phone.

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

I see, it looks like a firmware issue, I wish JellyBeanz can find and re-flash the right rom to fix it. 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JellyBeanz!

Little reminder to be extremely careful if you are trying to install an OS or flash a new firmware.

We don't suggest our customer to do that unless you are tech.savvy and don't mind having the phone warranty voided.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@JellyBeanz The button combination you are pressing is to get you into download mode thats only for when you want to flash the phone. If you get into that mode at the first screen just press volume down to get out.

You can also just press and hold just the power button until the phone powers off or restart.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@JellyBeanz wrote:

my phone just went into downloading screen. it says downloading.... do not turn off target. I tried holding the home+power+down volume buttons but it just restarts and goes back to the same screen 

Please help me out

Hello JellyBeanz,

Welcome to the community!

Are you making sure you're releasing the buttons as soon as the screen goes blank? Whenever you restart your phone and hold a different combination of buttons by accident, that screen appears. You want to make sure you release the buttons before the restart cycle initiates or else you'll keep getting the same screen.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers