Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone on 3G during calls

gmun
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I am a new Fido customer. I noticed today that when making calls my phone switches to 3G. As soon as I hang up it then switches back to LTE. I am using an iPhone 12 but have never had this before on my old network. Any suggestions? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gmun,

Welcome to the community!

I understand that you never had this issue with your previous network. However, have you verified that your phone settings haven't changed? You might consider verifying that Voice & Data are selected for LTE (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

gmun

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked and it is set for LTE calling.

E7852673-94D8-4245-BB81-EEDFD50D838C.png

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Does the network switch during calls happen at all locations? What signal strength was your phone receiving when you made the call? It's possible that the signal strength wasn't optimal to sustain the call so your phone switched networks. If you are noticing your phone switching networks for all of your calls at all locations, you might consider testing your SIM in a different phone. If possible, you might also consider testing a different SIM in your phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @gmun,

Welcome to the community!

Can you try doing a network reset and see if it helps.

Did you bring the iPhone from the old provider or did you get it from Fido? Also, you might want to check with customer service and make sure your line is provisioned to use an iPhone.

gmun

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the network reset and that didn't fix the issue.

I brought my phone with me from my old provider. When I called to get my SIM card I did tell them that I was bringing an iPhone over.