cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

false advertisment / unfulfill phone order

GladysFong
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I ordered a used Samsung S22 phone on Nov 26, 2022, during the Black Friday sale online. In the advertisement, it said the phone would be delivered within 10 days. On Dec 15, 2022, I received an email from Fido apologizing for the delay in shipment and said the phone would be delivered in 2 weeks. Middle of January, since I still did not receive the phone, I called customer service to see the progress and was told to wait as it was in backorder. I followed up again in Feb and received the same instruction. Today Feb 14, 2023, I received a voicemail from FIdo and was told this phone would not be available at all.  Called customer service again and was told that I could go around town to check if anything was in stock. If not, the only option is for me to cancel my order and take a much worse current deal.  

As a customer, I chose to continue with Fido other than another mobile provider because of the phone upgrade deal on Black Friday, and was commited to the price listed. It is Fido who could not fulfill the contract they advertised (misleading advertisement). It is irresponsible for Fido not to compensate their customer for their own lack of stock, or at least honor the agreement by providing an acceptable alternative under the same price. As a long time customer, I am more than disappointed with Fido. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoNajat

Hey @GladysFong! We're sorry to read about your experience, and we definitely understand how disappointing it can be. Feel free to contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to verify what are the best options available for you.