Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Iphone 8 to RDP

So i recently upgraded from a iphone 6 to 8. Ios 11. I use a rdp client to access some remote servers. They use port 5900 tcp. Up in till about 2 months ago i could acces it off cell data (legacy 6gb data plan) I now have a 8gb data plan but i can on...

kaugustino by I'm a participant level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Will unlocked Samsung Note8 work on Fido Network

Hello, I want to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950FD 6GB Ram 64GB Dual Sim SIM FREE/ UNLOCKED phone from Hong Kong.      According to the supplier, this cell phone may not be fully compatible with the LTE bandwidths operated by some carrier. This...

DYANG21 by I'm a participant level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! S7 Nougat update - mobile hotspot toggle gone?

Hey,   Just wondering, is anyone else missing the Mobile Hotspot quick toggle after updating their phones to Nougat? Mine is gone - it doesn't show on either of the two toggle pages, and when I go "Edit" to see the full list of toggles available, inc...

heytommy by I'm a participant level 2
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone X Model Compatiable

Hi. Purchased a used iPhone X in the US that’s as originally with Sprint. A1865. Is this compatiable with Fido networks.    Also. I have a $40 5GB small tab plan. But I have a BYOD device. Can I get bonus data instead?

Alvin_ by I'm a participant level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes