Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello, Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses: GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz). To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more of the f...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 46 replies
  • 21 likes

KRACK vulnerability

Today a major vulnerability in the WPA2 protocol was makde known. WPA (WiFi Protected Access) is used to connect to WiFi networks, and this vulnerability almost completely removes the "P" part of the protocol. Pretty much all current implementations ...

CanisMinor by I'm a Participant Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Wondering about compatibility with Xiaomi Mi 5X

Greetings, Does anybody have experience with the Xiaomi Mi 5X? Here are the network specs as listed on GearBest: Network type: CDMA,FDD-LTE,GSM,TD-SCDMA,TDD-LTE,WCDMA 2G: GSM 1800MHz,GSM 1900MHz,GSM 850MHz,GSM 900MHz CDMA: CDMA EVDO:BC0,CDMA: BC0 3G:...

Alfred1 by I'm a Participant Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Resolved! Instagram for Iphone and IOS 11 and WiFi

Has anyone else noticed that since the IOS 11 update that when instagram is connecting through wifi that it sometimes doesn't connect? If you are like me and you are having this issue you end up having to use cell data even if wifi is available. If y...

instagram.jpg
jlits by I'm Experienced Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

What’s Inside All the iPhones

Really cool article by bloomberg that takes an interactive look at how the inside of the iPhone has changed over the last 10 years.....worth taking a look at! Link below: What’s Inside All the iPhones

jlits by I'm Experienced Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes