cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Phone No Daylight Savings Time

gcrmt
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

We switched to Daylight Savings Time last week (March 9th) and now it's March 15th and the time on my wireless homephone is still showing 1hr behind.  My cordless phone is set to display whatever time the service provider callerID sends out, which is on Fido's end.  So Fido is still sending out standard time. 

Will Fido be correcting the time?

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

I'm a participant level 3

Does not work!

Same problems for me trying to go back to standard time after the summer. (November 6)

Try everything posted so far. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @711. Can you try powering off the modem and unplugging the power? Wait 2 minutes, plug the machine and power it on again. 

FidoStephane

Your actual homephone is in no way affiliated to Fido. The router itself has no actual time display on it.

You need to change the time in the actual settings of your phone.

alpieterman
I'm a participant level 1

I have tried to change the time on my phone which is a Vista 350, but as soon as an incoming call comes in, the time reverts back to before daylight savings time.  This suggests that its a setting on the router?

YogiB
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

I can confirm that home phones normally get time & date information pushed in by the device it's connected to (Bell for normal land lines, the ATA (=Analogue Phone Adapter) for VoIP phones). I'm not familiar with Fido home phone, but I assume it's some sort of VoIP over the LTE network. So in that case, there is an ATA built into the router, so yes: the router most likely has it's own internal clock, which is synchronized with the internet. But the dates on which we switch to and from DST must be set up correctly manually in the routers.

So the big question should be: how to access the router? That seems a question that only Fido could answer.

wingfei

Thanks. It works!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Awesome! Very_Happy Glad you were able to find the answer to your question Smiley

Hey everyone!

It has been a while since this was posted and there is no other information whether a solution was found or not.

I have one suggestion though: power off or reset the wireless home modem as it will force a new and fresh connection with the network.

It is worth a try...and it costs nada Wink

Hope it will do the trick! Keep us posted!

ssizzl
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Yup. Cycle the power on the modem and the next incoming call sets the call to the correct time. Thanks for that. Hopefully there is a patch for the modem to fix this.

Try this but it does not work. Try to set the time manually on my panasonic phone. It is o.k. till the next phone call come in but it then goes back to the old time.