Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Backorder for IPhone 12 Pro Max

Risami
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there!

Just wanted a  bit more transparency on what the status was on the backorders of newly ordered iPhones. Calling in and using the chat is near impossible unless you have a copious amount of time to be on hold. I see older posts with the same concern so a real update would be appreciated! I would recommend a place on our personal accounts where we can see this information to alleviate the constant follow up from your customers.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Risami

You wouldn't see that option if you didn't reserve the phone prior to it's release. 

If you simply ordered the phone as an upgrade, you would have to wait until it's shipment to have an update.

Risami

Hi @FidoClaudia thank you for replying. That option does not exist under the My Account as an existing user when I scroll down. It only shows the same buttons as before saying "Get a New Device" and "Reserve a new Device" . Can you pinpoint via a screenshot as to where that button is exactly?

It's also constantly asking me to Login when I'm already logged in! I've received the emails; first the confirmation then the delay notice so it's in process just don't seem to have the option through my Account to check. Is this a glitch? Thank you for your help. 

Ripandeep
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi @Risami maybe this is the thing you are looking for, https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/reservedevice

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Risami

I'd like to start by thanking you for your feedback as we understand this can be an irritant and we're always looking to improve for our customers.

If you reserved your device on fido.ca, you can get an update on the status of your reservation and your number in line through your online account directly by following these steps: 

Existing Customer:

1. Go to fido.ca.
  2. Log in to My Account, select Phone Reservation.
  3. Go to My Device at the bottom of the page.
  4. Click Device Reservation.
  5. View status.

New Customer:

1. Go to fido.ca/newreservation.
  2. Log in using your email address and password.
  3. Select View Reservation.

When a device is backordered, we will send you an email to advise you of it which will also include the additional expected delays, or we may call you to let you know. As for the iPhone 12 Pro Max specifically, the delays are currently 4+ weeks while we await new stock. We apologize for those delays and we can assure you that as soon as we'll receive stock we'll work as fast as we can to fulfill all the orders. 

Cheers!