cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

Maulikk
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

just received my replacement device , but it’s locked can not use any other SIM card , how do I get it unlock, I have no access to phone can’t call customer service.! Please help.!!

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Maulikk,

Are you currently a Fido customer? Are you trying to use the device with Fido? What device is it? If you are and your replacement device is still locked when you insert your Fido SIM, that would suggest the device is locked to one of the other providers. You would need to contact the other provider to obtain the unlock code or have it unlocked. Depending on which provider the phone is locked, they'll usually have social media or similar community forums from which you might consider asking to unlock your device.

Are there any provider specific apps on the phone which might give an indication to which provider the phone is locked?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

Just to add to my previous reply...

Did your replacement device come with its original box? It's possible the unlock code might be written on the box. Devices which were manufactured prior to December 1, 2017 would have been locked but required to have been sold with the unlock code after that date. The sellers would usually have provided the unlock codes for affected devices by writing them on the boxes 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Maulikk

Have you had the chance to go over @Cawtau's reply?

Let us know so we can follow up on your request.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Maulikk,

You can send a private message to @FidoSolutions here in the community and a moderator can help you or you can try live chat or message Fido through social media.

You can get those info here.