Hi i dont know fido policy about unlock codes however i am going to phillipines for awhile and bringing my bberry 8520 with me but going to buy a diff sim card while im there.. is it possible to retrieve the unlock code from fido??
*edit i am new here sorry for posting in wrong section
***Edited to add labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to the Fido technical community,
I suggest you contact our customer service department to find out more about unlocking your device. You can reach us by calling 1-888-481-FIDO (3436) or 611, free of charge, from your Fido (weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., your local time).
I hope this helps,
It is much more expensive to go through Fido to get an unlock code and there are many restrictions about when you can do it depending on contract completion.
You might want to explore getting a local service to unlock the phone.
I just came across this thread and I thought I'd provide some updated information about the unlocking procedure in case anyone else were to come across this and had a similar question.
- Now, to unlock your device, your account must be in good standing and must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- A $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) applies. It will appear on your next invoice or will be deducted from your Prepaid balance.
- Unlocking your device via Fido will not void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Only Fido devices can be unlocked by Fido. If you have an unlocked device from another carrier, see how to configure it to work with Fido.
- Unlocking your device will not terminate your Fido service or Fido Agreement, all aspects of your service remain unchanged.
I hope this helps!