Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected charge on free LD mins usage

Lilis
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have my plan with a 100% 1000 Intl LD Mins-24 mos service. But I saw an extra payment $283.5 for calling to Hong Kong with 102 mins. I am pretty sure that Hong Kong is on the LD service list, but why did I receive such a huge amount of charge. Could anyone help me?

Screenshot_20220827-083523.png

20220827_083227.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lilis,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. Have you had a chance to view the Billing details in your full bill (ie PDF)? It might provide additional information regarding those calls.

As far as I am aware, Hong Kong is included in the list of included Countries (see here). That said, you should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' account information. If you would like to discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lilis

Hi Cawtau, Thank you for your kindly replies. I got in touch with my sales person and she processed the issue well. Thanks for your message! Have a nice weekend! 

Hello again,

Just to add to my previous post, it is important to note that those calls using those 1000 International minutes are not necessarily free.

All calls using mobile services incur Airtime charges plus long-distance charges, if applicable. Those 1000 International minutes are only for the long-distance portion of calls. That is, airtime charges would still apply. If you have a plan with a limited number of airtime calling minutes, excess airtime usage would incur additional costs -- even though there may be available International minutes remaining. For example, if you had a plan with 500 Canada-wide minutes (airtime minutes), making 600 minutes of calls to Countries included in those 1000 International minutes would require an excess usage of 100 airtime minutes.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Lilis,

Welcome to the community!

These are the countries that 1000 long-distance minutes work for

Australia,

Bangladesh

China (including Macau)

Germany

Hong Kong

India,

Italy 

Mexico

Taiwan 

United Kingdom

Is it possible you had used up all the of the 1000 minutes and that's why you incurred charges? You should be able to see the details on your invoice see here how to print/save your invoice details. If you are still not clear why you incur charges then you should contact customer service directly and they can look into your account and better advise you.