cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get texts from android phone and for them to receive them

Lamper78
I'm a participant level 2

Hi I have had an issues with sending and receiving texts from one particular friend who has an android phone. Neither of us have each other’s phone number blocked. The android user recently got another android phone and the same issue persists on that phone. We can send each other texts but never receive them and there are no failed to send notifications. We were able to send and receive just fine until May and this started. I’ve reset my network setting and turned off iMessage and sms messages is on. Software is up to date on both the iPhone and the android. Soft resets have been done. Tried everything I can think of. Do phone companies block numbers without the users being the person who blocked it? I’m a fido user and the android phone user is with Rogers which I know both companies are affiliated with each other. I need help! This person is important to me and we need to text. I’m able to message them on the WhatsApp app and it works fine using the same phone number. Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Lamper78,

Was the Android user using an iPhone before? If so that person will have to sign-out from iMessage and it might solve the problem.

If you have tons of old messages on your phone it could also be the reason, you should consider deleting some of the older messages.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lamper78,

Welcome to the community!

Are both of you able to send and receive text messages to other people without issue? Is it possible that your SIMs are full of messages? If your SIMs are full, you might have to delete some of those messages before you are able to receive messages.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lamper78

Yes we can send and receive texts from other people. This is only person I seem to have a lot of issues with. I think they may have had issues with other people but not sure. Not sure how my SIM would be full of messages, it doesn’t save them there on an iPhone I thought. How would you check to see if a SIM is full?