cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop international outgoing calls

gautamquick
I'm a participant level 2

How do i stop from getting internatinal outgoing calls from my fido number ?  I am getting billed every now and then for outgoing internatioal calls ,even though i do not call cautiously , but the number belongs to my known.

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @gautamquick,

Welcome to the community!

Depending on the phone you have you can block certain types of calls from the phone itself but you can also have Fido block all outgoing international call from your line and that would be the safest way. 

Just note if you have Fido block the calls you will not be able to make any international calls unless you call and have the block removed.

You can contact Fido from any available methods listed here.

Hey @gautamquick

We can add a block on your line as @KAPABLE-K mentioned but it will block you from making any international calls. 

If that's what you'd like to do, let me know and I'll send you a PM. Smiley 

Teanuanua

Hi is it this possible for you to block international calls? every person I talk to tell me no but apparently it could be done 3 years ago

Hello Teanuanua,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @Teanuanua,

We can definitely understand that it's not fun to receive these types of calls and we're doing everything we can to establish a way to block unwanted calls on our network, but, we're just not quite there yet. 

You can definitely block the numbers calling you directly from your device. Alternatively, you also have the option of changing your number if you're receiving a large amount of spam/fraud calls.

We also suggest reporting these calls to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

I hope that helps! 

Teanuanua

Okai but can you block me from making international calls? 

gautamquick
Thanks a lot for your solution . I did made a call to customer care and got it stopped. Hope this does not happen anymore now 😀

Thanks for letting us know!