Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 Headphones

marielle
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Good Afternoon,

My headphones just stopped working on 1 side.

I know Samsung should cover the accessories within 1 year of purchase. I called them today on this issue and they advised that i must call Fido for replacement.

Is this true?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey marielle!

Did your headphones come with the S6 or were the bought separately? 

If they came with the phone, and they're still under warranty, then you can send the phone and headphones in for repair through the Repair Program in store, but if you bought them separately, then you'd have to reach out to the manufacturer directly. 

Hope this helps! Smiley

AngelaBonquin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Amanda! I actually have the same case. So last Friday, I went to a Fido store and asked this young lady (which is the customer representative). I told her that my earphone broke (only the left side is working) and I was actually taking care of it (it didn't fell, i didn't got wet or anything). I asked her if I could replace it (in a nice way) and the representative gave me an attitude. She said it's not covered with the warranty in a rude way.

So it's covered with warranty, right? Should I go to another Fido store or just call a representative? 

Hey there AngelaBonquin! 

Sorry if the agent in store wasn't courteous Sad 

If the accessory came with the device, and the device was purchased less than 365 days ago, you can bring everything back in store for it to be sent in for repair or exchange. Ensure you go to a Fido Store that offers the repair program: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/storelocator 

To be clear: You have to bring everything back, including the phone and anything else that came in the box.