Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE eSim Support

OrionTO
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

Does the Samsung S20 FE from Fido support eSim? I am getting conflicting answers online.

In addition, do talk and text (no data) plans work with eSim?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

sjfs00
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

Does the S20 FE 5G from Fido support dual SIM ?

thanks

Jamiek

No, it does not.

Hello Sjfs00,

Welcome to the community!

I believe that version of that device would be the Canadian version (SM-G781W). I understand it might use the same hybrid SIM/SD card holder as other dual-SIM versions, however, I don't think the Canadian version supports dual-SIM functionality (see here). In addition, as noted in the solution, that version does not support eSIM so it would not be able to use eSIM plus physical SIM either.

If you chose to purchase a version with dual-SIM capabilities, you should note that since that version is not available from Fido (ie non-Canadian version), it's likely certain features (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) won't work.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jaxify

I may be wrong, but I believe the answers to this question are wrong. The Canadian version of S20 FE (not S20) DOES NOT support esim. @FidoAllan @FidoAnthonyZ  Can you please verify ?

jaxify

In fact, according to every source I've seen, only the some versions of S20 support esim. None of the S20 FE variants support esim. 

Hey @jaxify

Sorry for the information that was previously shared. You are correct, the S20 FE does not support eSIM.

OrionTO

@FidoAnthonyZ Thanks for clarifying.

One follow-up question - does that mean that I can use dual SIM functionality with Samsung S20 FE (1 eSim + 1 physical sim)?

Correct! 

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @OrionTO,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes to both of your questions.

Hope this helps!