Samsung Galaxy S10 availability

I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S10 availability

Hi.

With today's (Feb. 20) release of the Samsung Galaxy S10, when will Fido have it available for purchase?

As well, will the device come unlocked?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 availability

Hello,

The Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ are now available to reserve on the website.

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Hello Oboreo_,

@oboreo_ wrote:

so any 2 year term with those BYOD plan is eligible for the $300 credit for the s10?

Bring your own phone (BYOP or BYOD) plans are month-to-month and are not available as 2-year contracts. To be eligible for the additional credit, it would need to be on a 2-year Small, Medium, Large, XL, or XXL plan.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 17
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hi.

I too would like to pre-order the unlocked S10+, but was wondering why the Fido price is $30 more than rival suppliers... $1449 vs. $1419.99

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 17
MVP
MVP

Hello,

I just checked the price for the Galaxy S10+ on the Fido.ca website. What's the reason the price went from $1449 to a whopping $1575 no term? The original price was already more than from the Samsung Canada website. Why the price increase??

I was already not going to pre-order because there was absolutely no incentive given to me to do so. Now, there's even less reason!

Disappointed and perplexed :Puzzled:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 17

Hey there @readytorock, @Cawtau,

We provide price plans with subsidies to lower the upfront price of devices, making them more affordable and accessible. You can also combine that with ongoing or targeted promotions available on your account/line for added value.

In regard to the difference in price, device manufacturers will generally have lower cost structures and will therefore be able to sell their devices outright at a lower price to consumers.

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 17
MVP
MVP

Hello FidoSaad,

Thank you for the explanation. However, isn't that our point? Why should there be a cost structure with the outright purchase of a device? Shouldn't it be the MSRP? The phones are not being subsidised, so what cost structure is there? Why did that price jump from the one originally offered by Fido? Sure, that list price is only suggested... With most other things, people will just purchase direct from the manufacturer. However, in this case, we risk not being able to use certain features if the phones are not purchased from Fido.

I truly do not understand the business decision to mark up the cost for an outright purchase of those devices. Many people will want to purchase directly from Samsung Canada. Fido is essentially charging $200 for the use of Wifi-calling and/or voLTE. That's a little steep just to be able to use those services. The cost of services should be for services; the cost of devices should just be for the devices. Having to pay more for the same device just to be able to use those services is not appreciated.

Still disappointed and perplexed :Puzzled:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 17
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

all devices sold in canada since 2018 are unlocked, if brand new.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17

Hey Community!

Just wanted to follow up regarding the Samsung S10 and the pricing around it.

We want our customers to get the devices they want at great prices. From time to time, depending on unique arrangements with each supplier for each device, our pricing could be different from what is available directly through the manufacturer.

Keep in mind that getting the phone through us allows you to get the phone subsidized so you can pay a lower up-front cost.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17