cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst experience with Brightstar

bhav
I'm a participant level 1

I lost my phone and contacted brighstar about it so they can send me a replacement device. They asked me to upload all the documents they require before releasing the phone. I went on their website and started a request and uploaded all the documents (too many required) they wanted. Now they keep rejecting my auto insurance policy and car registration documents as a proof of address which in their email they mentioned is totally acceptable. I called them at least 4 times to ask them about the rejection and they won't give me a straight answer.

Then i requested them to transfer my call to the review department so i could find out what exactly is the problem and they transferred me to the help desk people who told me the same thing what the agent before had told me i.e they can't see the documents submitted on their end so they can't tell me if they are correct or not.

I am so frustrated with this whole system and i just don't know what to do at this point to get my phone! I do not have any phone right now and i am using a borrowed phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Shra

They want you to submit documents each time you make a new service request. They give diplomatic answers. Even if you follow their instructions like replying to the mail you receive, tell you to make a new request and then only they will answer it. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bhav!

Do you still need help with this?

The Community is here for you!

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bhav

I can understand how time consuming and upsetting this has been. 

I assure you, this is not the kind of service we aim to offer. 

You mentioned they asked for a few different documents.

Is there any other document you could send them to accelerate the process?