cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement stuck

Happy21
I'm a participant level 2

I lost my iPhone in the first week of February. After not being able to find it, called Fido to Block my sim and iphone. Fido advised me to contact Likewize for claiming replacement since i purchased Premium Device Protection with it. 

Called Likewize and they told me they'll ship me the replacement after i send them Declaration Form and ID Proof. as instructed by Likewize, i gave them my credit card details and sent them ID proof and Declaration Form and they accepeted it. I thought now i'll be getting my replacement. but when i again called them then they asked me to send them Address Proof and also Utility bill. so i shared them my address proof and sent my credit card statement for utility bill. my address proof was accepted but they rejected my utility bill and asked me to submit utility bill. 

Now that i have given them my ID proof, address proof and Declaration form and they all were accepted, so basically what is the purpose of utility bill??  i am living in rented accomodation and there is not any possibility that the landlord would let me have the utilities in my name and even it doesn't make any sense. Likewize repeatedly asking for hydro bill, gas bill or eletric bill in my name for getting the replacement and obviously i dont have that and even i cannot have that in my name.

Does it makes any sense that after having sent them my ID proof, Address proof and Declaration form and they are not processing my claim only for utility bill?? and more importantly there is no condition as such specified when you sign up the protection plan. i am here without phone from last about 16 days and just making calls everyday to likewize and being asked to share the utility bill and otherwise my claim will not be processed!! totally senseless.

It is just an excuse to decline my claim obviously. are we paying them 19$ plus tax per month for this?? most importantly when fido lets you buy the premium device protection they calim it to be simple and easy process and nowehere in the agreement it says that they can ask for utility bills. 

Don't  buy Fido or likewize, they find a way to decline your claim, although i heard a lot earlier that they dont process claims and deny the claims for unnecessary reasons. it was my mistake to trust on fido and ignoring people like me who were victims of this earlier. so everyone here be careful before you purchase device protection, they'll get every document you can provide but still keep on lingering you on the pretext of utility bills!!

So, just a suggestion that if anybody from same family or from same house has to purchase device protection then dont ever but Fido or Likewize becuase obviously everyone in the family would not have utlity bill in everyone's name and the one who's having utility bill in his/her name should purchase and still there are chances that they might reject your claim on any unnecessary pretext. 

So just be careful and cautious before you purchase these!!

10 REPLIES 10

Mvirk90
I'm a participant level 1

Trash do not buy this scam protection. I sent in my phone for repair they sent me back a **bleep** phone back the screen was falling apart it was all shaken up not properly on. It wasn’t water

sealed because the screen was moving. It stopped working the second day. Now they said I have to refile a claim and wait another week what kind of **bleep** is this. They sent me a garbage device now I have to wait again to get a new one. And can’t talk to a manager they don’t even do anything . The people in the front you talk to know nothing. This is the second **bleep** phone they sent me. Don’t waste your money on this **bleep**. Fido doesn’t even do anything just makes you call likewize. They are so quick to charge you money but for service they stink. I’m so upset.

Sachin24

Hi

Same thing happened to me. I provided the lease agreement as proof of address but still my paperwork was rejected. I think this is

like scam.

Hello @Sachin24,

We're sad you feel this way. Likewize has their own procedures though,

Did they tell you the reason as to why it wasn't accepted and what other document could be used as an alternative? 

FidoVan

Hey there @Happy21

Any new updates on your claim and have you tried doing what @Cawtau suggest you?

'' That said, I understand there needs to be accommodations for renters who may not have utility bills in their name. Perhaps the landlord could provide their utility bill and a signed statement stating you are their tenent at that address. Alternatively, perhaps Likewize might accept a copy of your rental agreement with address clearly stated. Perhaps they might accept your Fido bill to verify your address... ''

Keep us on the loop!

Happy21

Hi @FidoStephane,

No alternates were given even though i am requesting the same from so many days, since i am student, i am unable to give that. they asking specifically a Gas bill, Hydro Bill, Electric bill etc.

and yes my claim is still pending. they rejected my credit card statement too. 

isn't it strange that they accepted my Address proof, identity proof and Declaration form and just lingering on utility bill, may be they dont want to honor my claim. 

and above all, i am here without phone from last so many days and that too after paying so much.

Hello @Happy21

Likewise do have their own terms and service which must be respected in order to replace a stolen device.

To verify this further, you will need to contact us so we can review that calim with you.

You can find all the ways to reach us here.

Happy21

Hello @FidoKenny ,

I respect their terms and conditions but that doesn't mean they can ask for anything on the pretext of terms and conditions. moreover i have read all the terms and conditions and that doesn't include anything as such which they are asking for. That is just an excuse basically for not honoring the claim. 

I had already contacted at the link you provided and they responded nothing and just asked me to request likewize. 

Hello Happy21,

@Happy21 wrote:

...That is just an excuse basically for not honoring the claim. ..

Sorry to hear of your situation. However, I don't think it's an excuse to not honour the claim. Unfortunately, insurance fraud is rather prevalent. To be clear, I am not suggesting that your claim is not valid. However, the companies need to verify all of the documentation they receive. Not only are they protecting themselves from fraudulent claims, but they are also protecting their customers as well. I understand you provided proof of address. Requesting a utility bill would verify your address. It's possible a nefarious actor could attempt to make a claim pretending to be you but providing their address as proof. Any replacement device would be sent to them.

That said, I understand there needs to be accommodations for renters who may not have utility bills in their name. Perhaps the landlord could provide their utility bill and a signed statement stating you are their tenent at that address. Alternatively, perhaps Likewize might accept a copy of your rental agreement with address clearly stated. Perhaps they might accept your Fido bill to verify your address...

I cannot speak as to what additional documents Likewize might accept for renters, but requiring addiitonal verification of your address is not unreasonable.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoStephane

We're very sorry to hear of your most recent experience @Happy21

When speaking with Likewize, did they offer any alternatives to the utility bill? 

Is your claim still pending? 

WhTF

I also have an issue with Likewize - Fido told me that Likewize will lend me a phone while I send mine in for  repair of a broken screen which I paid Device Protection for.  Likewize agent told me NO, they do NOT provide any loaner phones, ever.  So who is lying to me?