cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not valid when setting up voicemail

McLeod894
I'm a participant level 1

I've had my Nexus 4 for a while, but I am just now setting up voicemail. I found my retrieval number from a post from 2013 and that seems to work. When I call it, it asks for me to put in my 10-digit phone number but when I do, it says the number is not valid. I know I am not typing it in wrong. How do I set it up properly?

***Edited to add labels***

***Edited title***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoFaiza

Were you able to sort it out, McLeod894?

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Weird, you should not need to enter your phone number.

Here are the instructions for setting up voicemail. Maybe your answer's in there?

hotstuff

when I hold 1 on the key pad the screen says voicemail then ends the call....voicemail is not accessed.....what's up?

Hi hotstuff, 

Let me go ahead and send you a private message to look into it. For future reference, you can reach us on Facebook or Twitter for an issue such as this.

I just realized that you can also program the voicemail retrieval number from your end :)"

For iPhones, dial *5005*86*+16478396178# (for customers without visual voicemail).

For Android, go to Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number and input +14168216549.

Thank you!

hamedvala

When I dial long number nothing happens, It is wierd no beeping nothing. 

Hey @hamedvala,

Have you tried rebooting or resetting your device? That may help.

Let us know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it said invalid number when u called it, it mite be 1 of 2 things wrong,  A: you could have possibly the rong retreival number (your calling the rong node) or 2: your wireless account was not provisioned for voicemail and u need to call customer care and add it to ur account,  hope this helps