cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility with Fido

Lachin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was told sertain phones are not compatible with fido. I have been going back and forth with fido about sertain features not working like lte and voicemail. They said the reason why it is not compatible is because it is not a fiddo phone. I have the samsung note 8 purchased online from america. Im going to jump to a new carrier. Im a perfectionist so these things whitch may look small are big to me. Id rate fido a 6 out of 10.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lachin,

Welcome to the community!

It's true, certain phones simply are not compatible with the networks. However, providing the phone has compatible LTE bands/frequencies, it should work on the LTE networks. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. I'm not sure about how many US versions of the Note 8 are available, but at least some of them have all of the compatible bands/frequencies. If your phone wasn't connecting to the LTE network, have you verified it's using the proper APN? Since the device is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

What is the issue with voicemail not working?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPhilippe

@Lachin wrote:

I was told sertain phones are not compatible with fido. I have been going back and forth with fido about sertain features not working like lte and voicemail. They said the reason why it is not compatible is because it is not a fiddo phone. I have the samsung note 8 purchased online from america. Im going to jump to a new carrier. Im a perfectionist so these things whitch may look small are big to me. Id rate fido a 6 out of 10.

Hey @Lachin!

Do you still need help with that?

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Lachin!

I'm sad to hear you're having issues with your LTE and voicemail. I can certainly understand your disappointment if those features aren't working properly.

Can you elaborate on what those issues are?

Let us know so we can try to help. Smiley