cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 pro PIE OTA update?

bearback
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Just waiting on my new p20 pro to arrive and wonder if Fido hae rolled out the PIE update yet?

Has anyone updated OTA?

34 REPLIES 34

dje
I'm a participant level 2

Still waiting as well .... 
A realistic ETA would be nice 

Thanks 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey dje! 

I know that it's never fun to have to wait for something that you're looking forward to receiving!

There's no need to worry, the update is being rolled out in batches between December 19 and January 14th.

You'll get it soon. Smiley

dje

Awesome !

Thanks for the quick reply ! Smiley

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Dje did you receive the update? I'm curious

Mike 

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

No I did not and I am pretty sure they will release in one shot on 14th

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

4 more hours till the witching hour. Rogers took down the OS update schedule for the Huawei devices so I have a feeling this isn't going to end well. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Really sad part is I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Mate 20 pro but that's no longer a thing. I'm not about to be in the same position when Android X is released and I sit here twiddling my thumbs praying to be one of the lucky few to get the OTA update for a device that costs in excess of $1000.

Hey @Proac

We understand that you haven't received the update yet. 

Rest assure, we're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we get an update regarding the situation. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

And as I boldly predicted the 14th is here but the update is MIA. I knew it, I knew it . Sad

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Proac, so today is the day that Huawei will open it up to all the remaining IMEIs that didn't receive the update yet. Please let us know if you don't receive it by the end of the day.

@FidoStephen are you saying that these updates are being pushed out directly to the end user from Huawei and Fido has no involvement?

FidoStephen

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@FidoStephen are you saying that these updates are being pushed out directly to the end user from Huawei and Fido has no involvement?

Fido was involved in the testing, but Huawei is in charge of the rollout. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

That's rather interesting news. If Huawei manages the rollout why do we get hamstrung by not having access to their Hicare application which we could use to get the update manually? It's even more maddening to know Android 9 already has an update since it's rollout and many of us are still twiddling our thumbs on 8.1

Ridiculous 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It seems the roses won't be headed FidoStephens way. One hour of Jan 14th left to go and no sign of an update. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey!

For anyone who did not get the update on the P20 or P20 Pro, please send your IMEI number by private message to @FidoSolutions

To get the IMEI just dial *#06# on your keypad Smiley

FidoStephen

For updates, please refer to this thread.

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I have Hisuite installed and still no updates as of 6:32pm Jan-14-2019 and it says i'm using the latest verison.

I googled Hisuite and just installed it, is it not supposed to work in canada?

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Who knows with Huawei in Canada. We can't get Hicare, you'll get conflicting reports on Hisuite, and now I read problems with erecovery used to grab the latest version Android 9.0 from other sources  (Russian sources)  Its all one big mess right now. Part of me is tempted to fork over the money to Funky Huawei, unlock the bootloader and change the country code so I'll get the darn OTA update but then I think why am I spending $80 or so to do what I should already have had access to. Shame on you Huawei  I love your hardware but this isn't kosher. 

@FidoStephen is that specific to Huawei or does the same thing goes for all other manufacturers? Fido test the update and then the manufacture pushes it directly to the end user? 

FidoStephen

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@FidoStephen is that specific to Huawei or does the same thing goes for all other manufacturers? Fido test the update and then the manufacture pushes it directly to the end user? 

Same applies for all manufacturers Smiley