cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE Courtesy Phone per Location??

jashbury
I'm a participant level 2

I was just told by my Fido location's manager that Fido only allows for ONE courtesy phone per location. 

This means, if even just ONE of the other thousands of people in the city send their phone in for repair with this location, only one of us can get a courtesy phone.

This means, if someone happens to crack the screen of their one courtesy phone, the next person that needs their phone repaired, will not have access to a courtesy phone because that location's ONE courtesy phone is "being repaired" (this is my situation right now).

Now, if I need to get my phone repaired (which I do), I will be without a phone entirely for the duration of the repair. Not even an old, worthless, flip phone is available.

The service I've received lately is beyond frustrating and really makes me wonder why I signed up with Fido. So unreliable. Is there anyone that wants to try explaining why this courtesy phone "rule" was made or who even made such a poor decision?? Complete opposite of "courteous". It's cheap and unfair.

5 REPLIES 5

jashbury

Hi there,

The manager at my location specifically said I couldn't send my phone in for repair at any other location because I had already sent it in once at this location. 

I had sent it in once already, and they were unable to fix it so I received a used "replacement phone". Unfortunately, this phone has the exact same issues as the one I sent in so I need to send it in again. The manager mentioned that if it needs to be sent in 3 times that I would be eligible for a new phone. Perhaps that is why she said I can't send it in at any other location? Quite perplexing to me.

Hey @jashbury,

Thanks for those details! 

Some phone manufacturers do offer a device replacement, but only after 3 repair attempts.

That said, we surely understand the lack of loaner devices in your store can be troublesome in your case. 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jashbury

Welcome to the Community. 

Our Fido locations will usually have more than one courtesy phone per store. That being said there can be some exceptions where certain stores will have less or more loaner devices based on the store's traffic and volume of repairs. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. 

jashbury

Hi,

Unfortunately it doesn't help me in the slightest because MY store has zero courtesy phones, apparently. I need my phone repaired, but I need to have a phone while it is being repaired, and I cannot afford to just buy another phone. I'm banging my head against the wall because my calls to clients and family members are being cut off.

My question to you, is what do you suggest I do?

Hey @jashbury

We understand how important it is for you to stay in contact with your loved ones.

When you say *your store*, did you get a chance to a different location to get a loaner device?