Number you are trying to reach is not assigned

I'm a Participant Level 1 cjjohnst
I'm a Participant Level 1

Number you are trying to reach is not assigned

My year old LG G5 phone has started having issues with the number you are trying to reach is not assigned .LTE is turned off ,VoLTE is off ,phone network settings are rest .This happens when I try and use my Fido phone in vancouver and also different phone numbers at different times in my home territory .The numbers are a dozen years old and not new .Fido tech support CANNOT fix this .

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8

Re: Number you are trying to reach is not assigned

Hey cjjohnst! 

That sounds strange. 

If i understand correctly, this is only happening intermittently, is that right? 

Does this only happen in Vancouver or everywhere? Does the same thing happen when you put your SIM card in another phone?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
Former Moderator FidoKija
Former Moderator

Hey there! 

Since we haven't heard from you, we were wondering if the problem was fixed. Don't hesitate to let the community know! Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 3 eatvan
I'm a Participant Level 3

I am having thie same problem. My  wife is in Eurpoe, at the moment with her fido phne (pixel 2) and when I call  her I get the number is not assigned mesage. Regardless of where she is, shouldnt it at least go staright to voicemail? Makes no sense. Will switch carriers if this continues, she is wating for important calls. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

Hey eatvan!

Don't worry, I'm sure we can get this figured out together!

Is this only happening when you call her number or are all callers unable to reach her? Is she able to place calls?

Has she tried connecting to a different network from the networks available where she is travelling to see if that changes anything? 

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 3 eatvan
I'm a Participant Level 3

It happens from several different numbers. However, I think the point is being lost here. If the phone is turned off or out of service area, shouldn’t it just go to voicemail? The automated "this number has not been assigned" message gives the caller the impression that they have been given the wrong number as the number doesn’t exist. Why doesn’t it just go straight to vm?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
Former Moderator FidoKija
Former Moderator

We're here to figures this out. Smiley 

Does this happen only while travelling? When you say that this happens with several different numbers, are you referring to your phone or your wife's?  Or perhaps is it happening with both? 

Are you able to select another network while roaming to see if there's any changes? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8

Hey @eatvan!

The Community is here to help! Let us know if your wife is still experiencing this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8