cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number you are trying to reach is not assigned

cjjohnst
I'm a contributor level 1

My year old LG G5 phone has started having issues with the number you are trying to reach is not assigned .LTE is turned off ,VoLTE is off ,phone network settings are rest .This happens when I try and use my Fido phone in vancouver and also different phone numbers at different times in my home territory .The numbers are a dozen years old and not new .Fido tech support CANNOT fix this .

11 REPLIES 11

FidoKija
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there! 

Since we haven't heard from you, we were wondering if the problem was fixed. Don't hesitate to let the community know! Smiley 

cjjohnst

I gave up . NOTHING I did OR Fido suggested ,when I could contact them,worked . NOW wifi calling continually disables . After 3 network rests,removal and replacement of sim ,and Fido now have taken to putting the phone down on me .I am not abusive ,nor do I shout or swear . They put the phone down on me because they CANNOT fix this . I have been with Fido for over a dozen years . ILatest Fido suggestion ,buy a new phone . My phone is 12 months old . I am going over to telus . Fido help is NON EXISTENT.

Hey @cjjohnst

Having your phone fixed is important for us.

What do you mean that we put the phone down on you?

You had a chance to go to one of our stores to get you your phone checked?

Can you tell us more about what was done on your end to have this fixed? 

cjjohnst

Fido has put the phone down on me twice at technical support . The technical support that the public get through to on the menu when we call in is NOT TECHNICAL SUPPORT ,it is Fido care . What do you mean ,by saying ,"what do you mean we put the phone down on you"?  I would think THAT is self explanatory . FIDO technical support is NON EXISTENT . I have had TWO texts telling me the problem is fixed and to call back . IT is NOT fixed . Fido said they would get escalated tech support to phone me at home . THEY DID NOT. 

Hey @cjjohnst! We'll be happy to take a look at that with you. Smiley

To that end, we've replied to your other post here.

eatvan
I'm a participant level 3

I am having thie same problem. My  wife is in Eurpoe, at the moment with her fido phne (pixel 2) and when I call  her I get the number is not assigned mesage. Regardless of where she is, shouldnt it at least go staright to voicemail? Makes no sense. Will switch carriers if this continues, she is wating for important calls. 

Hey eatvan!

Don't worry, I'm sure we can get this figured out together!

Is this only happening when you call her number or are all callers unable to reach her? Is she able to place calls?

Has she tried connecting to a different network from the networks available where she is travelling to see if that changes anything? 

Let us know!

eatvan

It happens from several different numbers. However, I think the point is being lost here. If the phone is turned off or out of service area, shouldn’t it just go to voicemail? The automated "this number has not been assigned" message gives the caller the impression that they have been given the wrong number as the number doesn’t exist. Why doesn’t it just go straight to vm?

Hey @eatvan!

The Community is here to help! Let us know if your wife is still experiencing this.

FidoKija
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We're here to figures this out. Smiley 

Does this happen only while travelling? When you say that this happens with several different numbers, are you referring to your phone or your wife's?  Or perhaps is it happening with both? 

Are you able to select another network while roaming to see if there's any changes? 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey cjjohnst! 

That sounds strange. 

If i understand correctly, this is only happening intermittently, is that right? 

Does this only happen in Vancouver or everywhere? Does the same thing happen when you put your SIM card in another phone?

Let us know!