Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @Dimo and welcome to the Community.

Thid dosn't sound good at all. 

DId you get a chance to try your sim card in a different Fido device.

Let me know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 106 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Dimo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yes, those multiple interactions I referred to included all the usual (reboot, try with different people, try SIM card in different phone, go to FIDO and have SIM card replaced, send phone for repair - they said they replaced the motherboard, etc.). All for no reason, apparently, as this thread would have shown me had I seen it earlier.

Problem is only with the LG G5, irrespective of SIM card used, and it has the updated, "fixed" version of the Messaging app on it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 107 of 229

Hey @Dimo!

Can you please confirm that you are using the LG messaging app and not Android messages or another third party app?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 108 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Diane908

Totally frustrated!! I've been PMing with moderators over the past month and this is the response I got today ...

"Got it! That's the right version! That problem should be completely resolved by now.  If you're still having a problem receiving text messages, it's related to something else. 

Can you confirm which application you're using for your messages?"

Seriously!!! Has anyone on this forum had this issue resolved?

I'm not paying Fido any longer for a service they won't provide. I'll find a way to close my account. This is totally unacceptable!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 109 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 whitesound
I'm a Participant Level 1

This same issue started happening with my LG g5, has anyone resolved this? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 110 of 229

Hey @Diane908

We definitely don't want to see you go.

Let's verify together what was discussed.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 111 of 229

Hey @whitesound

Thanks for reaching out.

Any error message on your end  when you tried to use your messages?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 112 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Andrew11221

Am having the same issue. Lg G5 everyone seems to get my texta but i do not recieve some of theres

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 113 of 229

Hey @Andrew11221, thanks for reaching out Smiley

Can I ask you more details about your issue?

Is it happening with more then 1 contact?

Do you have enough signal where you are located now?

Is this happening indoor and outdoor as well?

Let me us know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 114 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Andrew11221

For sure! Its happening from at least 2 contacts as ive met them in person. Physically saw there phone with a sent message and time stamp yet nothing has showed up on my end. Its been over a week and they never show up for me. Seems to not matter wether my phones inside or outside. They get my texts and reply i just dont get there responses ever. I get texts from others okay though. I have 2 bars for signal.most of the time so i would think its ok. Cleared the cache for my phone texts as well as texted myself and got that ok. Was going to try a hard reset but have not yet

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 115 of 229

Thanks for all those details, @Andrew11221

Do you have the latest OS on your device? Can you tell us what version your phone's running?

Did you also update the default messaging app?

Let us know and we'll take it from there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 116 of 229

My advice to everyone on this thread...just stop trying to talk to FIDO. The real solution will take 2 minutes, and it works.

My apologies to the moderators, but everything suggested here is just a waste of time. I batted with FIDO on the phone, over Messenger, at the store, and went through months of "try your SIM card on another phone", "swap SIM cards", "which contacts is it happening with", etc. I tried that route and went through endless troubleshooting for months, including getting the whole interior guts of my phone replaced (under warranty) for no reason whatsoever. 

The problem is simply this: if you combine (1) the LG G5 with (2) the default Android messenging app on (3) the FIDO network, you will have this problem. Period. Stop troubleshooting and wasting our time!

You have to change one of those three things to get rid of the problem. Since most of us are locked into service contracts, changing the phone or the network is not an option. So just replace your messaging app!

It took me 2 minutes to install "Signal Private Messager". Problem solved. Easy peasy.

Feel free to use another app if you want. That one seemed to be well reviewed and had the options I wanted. Make sure your app can default to SMS (unlike WhatsApp or other ones like that which require the other person to use the same app), and you're golden. End of problem.

***drop mike***retire thread***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 117 of 229
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @Dimo!

We were aware that there was an issue but it has now been fixed Smiley

If you have the version 5.30.47.2 of the Messaging app, you'll be good to go! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 118 of 229
Highlighted

@FidoPamela,

I'm, sorry, but that comment is just blatantly wrong. Which I said, and others have said, just a few posts ago. 

That "fix" does not work. The problem still 100% exists with the G5 using the default messaging app version 5.30.47.2, as I confimed with my phone and as others have confirmed too. Although FIDO moderators have been saying it works, not a single person who owns this phone on this thread has said that that version has solved the problem for them. 

Please familiarize yourself with this thread before responding. And please stop contributing to the lie that the "fix" works. The only fix is to get rid of the default messaging app, to change phones, or to change carriers. Period.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 119 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 kscanlon
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have recently bought an LG G5.  The messaging app version is 5.30.47.2 but I am not receiveing all messages.  How can I fix this?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 120 of 229