cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order status

Pdhawan108
I'm a participant level 2

I placed an order to upgrade my Plan to iPhone 13 Pro 1 TB  on December 22,2022 through live agent over the  phone and I was told that the devices will be shipped within 3-5 business days but nothing happened.  I followed up on call several times and every time I got a very standard reply that there is some delay due to back order, and my order status is in warehouse and keep waiting for our email.  I got a call on 1st Feb that my order has been cancelled due to non-availability of the device.  I am very disappointed and frustrated with bad services .Am I entitled to any compensation of inconvenience or special discount to match the price of the IPhone 14 pro

5 REPLIES 5

deepakmittal

I placed an order to upgrade my Plan to iPhone 13 Pro 1 TB  on December 23,2022 through live agent over the  phone and I was told that the devices will be shipped within 3-5 business days but nothing happened.  I followed up on call several times and every time I got a very standard reply that there is some delay due to back order, and my order status is in warehouse and keep waiting for our email.   I am very disappointed and frustrated with bad services .Am I entitled to any compensation of inconvenience caused

Hello Deepakmittal and Pdhawan108,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it might be frustrating not receiving a purchased device in short order. Unfortunately, that device is backordered. That said, I'm not sure if those orders will ever be fulfilled. As far as I am aware, Apple discontinued the iPhone 13 Pro in September 2022 (see here). Since they are no longer producing that model, any sales would have been for existing stock of that device. If there does not appear to be any remaining devices, I'm doubtful they will be able to obtain any more of those devices.

I also understand it seems strange for Apple to have discontinued relatively recent devices. There has been much discussion as to why Apple made that decision (see here and here).

I further understand you reached out here for some sort of timeline. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to offer any timeline given the reduced availability of that device. If they can source those devices, they will be able to fulfill those orders. However, since it is discontinued, I think the likelihood of them being able to source them is rather slim.

I also understand the situation may have cause some inconvenience. Unfortunately, I don't think any compensation or special discounts would be offered as a result. You can view Fido's current offers on their Promotions page.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss your options, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Pdhawan108

Many thanks for your reply and shared your expert comments. As you suggested I spoke to customer resolution and loyalty department but unfortunately they refused to offer any discount.  Now I have decided to go a step further by filing a complaint to CCTS against Fido as they failed to supply the device as per their offer and confirmed order.

Hey @Pdhawan108

I'm sorry to learn about this ongoing situation with your latest phone order. 

We'll be sending you a PM to review this further with you! 

Pdhawan108

Thankyou so much for your favour