cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola RAZR HD LTE Stock issues???

milt
I'm a participant level 2

both of my local stores say they have never recieved any stock and online is now showing out of stock... the phone i tried to get from customer service says back ordered.... Whats the deal here? Are any coming in anywhere before christmas? Will stores be getting these or is it online only?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

dfkls
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Yeah, it seems people ordering a couple of weeks ago could get the unit, but when I signed on a week ago it was already sold out.

However, the phone really only went live a few days ago on their site. (It was there before, but nearly impossible to find, and definitely not advertised.) It's also apparently (according to some here) the same unit that Rogers is selling so if local 3rd party electronics stores have it for Rogers, they may allow you to activate one on Fido.

Considering that the phone just got on Fido's site and it's still prominently listed as "New", I'm hoping it's just an initial inventory management glitch. The phone supposedly did not sell so well on Rogers, but perhaps the $50 2-year deal did the trick and stimulated sales more than they had expected, and the limited inventory they did have sold out quickly.

Summary: Yeah, where's all the stock? Wink

I don't mind waiting so much, but it's harder to be patient when we have idea what the projected time frame is, esp. during the holidays.

CRITIC
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

even I ordered the Moto Razr Hd lte around the 2nd week of dec. The rep told me that since the orders are all back logged it would atleast take 3-4 weeks to get new stock n meet the current public demands. So I just randomly went in a futureshop store 4 days back and they did have the phone. This phone is locked to both fido and rogers so if you want this phone to a futureshop/bestbuy store have it activated. This way it would be quicker for you n u'l will have the device in your hands before christmas. If you can wait then fido will also be releasing samsung s3 due to high public demand just before christmas.

I got a letter offering an early upgrade and a promo code, called in to use it on Saturday.  I was told that there was no stock at the distribution center, but they put a note in the account about being able to pick one up at a store if I found one.

The local fido store didn't have stock.  When I checked the fido website this morning, it no longer listed the Razr HD as being out of stock.  I called back in, but the customer service rep I spoke with insisted that there was no stock.

My question to Fido is about in store pickup -- Does it have to be a "fido store", or could it be a third party store like Futureshop or best buy?