Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing voice mail number

itrebby
I'm a participant level 3

Fido phone : S4 mini

On the fido site i search how to set up  my voice mail for the first time and it says to hold down number one and then follow the voice prompts.   Problem is that I don't get any voice prompts when I do this.   When I hold the number 1 down a box pops up  on my screen that says "Missing voicemail number.   To configure voicemail press th menu key and select call settings"   So I do this and another box appears that says  "Voicemail number: with a text box under it.   There are no instructions as to what to do. 

I also chat with someone from Fido online but didn't found a solution. I try putting all the region and numbers but they all show " Voicemail number chance unsuccessful" , the support said they reset my voice mail and to turn off my phone and reopen after 30 sec but didn't work either when I hold 1 back to the same problem.

When calling from my phone home to my cell I can leave a voice mail and would get a text in my phone as i receive a voice mail but i can't retrieve it.

***Edited to add Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

anastasiabak
I'm a participant level 1

Thanx so much. Exactly what I needed.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@itrebby wrote:

Fido phone : S4 mini

On the fido site i search how to set up  my voice mail for the first time and it says to hold down number one and then follow the voice prompts.   Problem is that I don't get any voice prompts when I do this.   When I hold the number 1 down a box pops up  on my screen that says "Missing voicemail number.   To configure voicemail press th menu key and select call settings"   So I do this and another box appears that says  "Voicemail number: with a text box under it.   There are no instructions as to what to do. 

I also chat with someone from Fido online but didn't found a solution. I try putting all the region and numbers but they all show " Voicemail number chance unsuccessful" , the support said they reset my voice mail and to turn off my phone and reopen after 30 sec but didn't work either when I hold 1 back to the same problem.

When calling from my phone home to my cell I can leave a voice mail and would get a text in my phone as i receive a voice mail but i can't retrieve it.

Hello Itrebby,

Welcome to the community!

Perhaps this screen capture might help?

Voicemail number.jpg

Taken from here.

I'm not sure what you meant by tried putting all the region and numbers... From what I understand, there is only one number for android and one number for iPhone's visual voicemail.

**edit** If that's still not working for you, there are reports that you might have to be in an active call in order to change it. Try calling yourself from another number, go to settings during the call, and change it. Not sure why that may be, but it seems to have worked for some people**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

itrebby

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion as I meant to say I tried putting the region number

and also different kind of numbers which I had no luck with.

I also did what you suggest , calling myself from another phone and trying to set it up but i always get

the same message saying number change unsuccessful.

Hello again,

Have you tried to dial the number directly to access your voicemail? If so, are you able to set up your voicemail?

If that works, you might consider trying to save the number in one of the other speed-dials to see if it will save that way...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

itrebby

Hello ,

The thing is there is no number on the voice mail. I look a bit in the forum and someone had a similar prob.

When I talk to an Fido worker they also said they are going to reset my voice mail and to reboot my phone but

didn't seem to do anything either.

Hey @itrebby

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean.

Have you tried just calling one the voicemail numbers from the keypad of your phone just like when you make a normal phone call?

+14168216549

or

+16478396178

Let us know!

bongbong

Both numbers didn't work. It just says "failed to read data, voicemail number change unsuccessful."

itrebby

Hello ,

Sorry if i sounded confusing , calling the numbers help me set up the voice mail.

There is still no number showing in my voice mail number and if i put the number 14168216549

It's won't let me but the solution is i always have to call the number 14168216549 instead of holding 1

on the phonepad. Which I don't mind

Thank you for all the responce !

Sorry to hear that, 

In this case, we would suggest you contact our technical support team to investigate fido.ca/contact 

It's our pleasure! 

You can also simply save the number in your contacts as Voicemail, might make it easier to access it Smiley