cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location , Data and Network Problems for the Huawei Ascend Mate 7

exotic
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi i got a Huawei Mate 7, and I am having problems checking my data usage. It keeps on saying i am over the data limit even though i have not turned my mobile data. What makes it more complicating is when I do turn on Mobile data, it says I am using roaming charges from China..... Anyone can help?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@exotic wrote:

Hi i got a Huawei Mate 7, and I am having problems checking my data usage. It keeps on saying i am over the data limit even though i have not turned my mobile data. What makes it more complicating is when I do turn on Mobile data, it says I am using roaming charges from China..... Anyone can help?

Hello Exotic,

Welcome to the community!

Apparently, the data usage function of android is hidden in some of the Huawei phones for some reason. Others (XDA) have outlined these steps to to access data usage:

1. Download the app "HiddenApp Launcher" from Play Store
2. Look for Data Usage in the list and long press it.
3. It will create a shortcut of Data Usage

Once you have access to Data Usage, you should be able to adjust your data ceilings (warning and limit) as well as set your billing cycle.

In addition, there might be a way to control which apps have access to data. Apparently, within the Phone Manager app the Networked apps allows you to manually turn on/off data for individual apps.

With regards to the roaming charges from China, some phones from overseas think they are roaming if they are out of their expected areas even though they are using a local SIM. If you are using a Fido SIM within Canada, there won't be any roaming charges.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey exotic!

Cawtau is correct. Your phone settings are likely not set up in a way that matches your billing cycle dates when it comes to usage tracking so this is why you're likely seeing differences between that and your actual usage. 

Remember that you can also download our My Account app to try your usage at anytime within your cycle or log in to My Account on Fido.ca to track your usage.