cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE network on new phone

gcrmt
I'm a contributor level 2

I upgraded my phone last year (March 2013) to a Samsung S3 and always wondered why I was unable to get on LTE. I just checked my SIM and realized it's just a regular microSIM card and not an LTE SIM.  How come I was not supplied with an LTE SIM?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@gcrmt wrote:

I upgraded my phone last year (March 2013) to a Samsung S3 and always wondered why I was unable to get on LTE. I just checked my SIM and realized it's just a regular microSIM card and not an LTE SIM.  How come I was not supplied with an LTE SIM?

I'm not sure. I always thought a new SIM came with every phone bought from Fido. Maybe that has changed. They were charging $10 for a SIM, so maybe it's a new revenue generator.

gcrmt

No, I did get a SIM but it was a regular microSIM that only gets me onto 4G.  I want to know why I wasn't given an LTE microSIM.

Hi gcrmt,

Sorry I missed your message. With a new hardware upgrade with the Samsung S3 we are to provide you a LTE Micro Sim for free if you did not have one. Please send me a private message with your postal code / date of birth and I will be able to send you one!

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Might be an oversight? also note that if you are on the PREPAID plans you will only get 3G speeds, even if your Phone and SIM card is LTE capable. The SIM card will say LTE on it.

Fido only gives new SIM card with a new phone only when your new phone uses a different size SIM than your old phone.