cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Pad III 8.0 wifi 5G issues

Wilberry
I'm a contributor level 1

Received the Nougat update last night and now my LG Gpad 3 will only connect to 2.4 wifi. It was working fine on my Rogers 5G router, but since the Nougat update will only connect to 2.4. Has anyone run into this? I have looked online and done a few things like reset network settings, removed my 5G and 2.4 connections and added them back to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated

***Edited to add labels***

39 REPLIES 39

Cobi
I'm a participant level 1

Airplane mode

Fixed 5ghz by turning off 3g/Lte, first turn airplane mode on then turn back on wifi/Bluetooth/GPS  and should connect normaly

teslaman
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
I have the *exact* same problem. After using the LG g pad III LTE for a couple weeks I wish I didn't buy it. 5ghz doesn't work any further than 10 feet from the router, the GPS isn't reliable and it's generally lethargic overall. Perhaps I've been spoiled with all the Nexus devices I've owned, but this LG tablet generally sucks as far as I'm concerned. You get what you pay for!

Hi @teslaman!

I'm sad to see that you're having issues with your tablet. Sad If you've had it for less than a year, you can bring it to a Fido store to have it sent out for repair. For more info, you can go here.

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley

snowylake

5G still works for me but at significantly reduced range.  Also gps is far less reliable as marshmallow, to the point that it is unusable. 

coolspot
I'm a contributor level 2

Same here, 5ghz is not working - keeps disconnecting after the Nougat update. Prior to the update, 5ghz seemed stable.

My other 5ghz devices are all working fine.

@coolspot did you try doing any troubleshooting? Try resetting your network settings, mine works perfectly fine after the Nougat update it even fix the issue I was having playing music and it would stop after sometime.

coolspot

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@coolspot did you try doing any troubleshooting? Try resetting your network settings, mine works perfectly fine after the Nougat update it even fix the issue I was having playing music and it would stop after sometime.

Yes, I removed and re-added the 5ghz WiFi connection and it is very flakey. Anything beyond 5 - 6 feet from access point the tablet loses connectivity.

I think the update made the wifi AP handover much more aggressive and maybe trying to connect to other APs with the same SSID too frequently?

WiFi wasn't a problem pre-Nougat.

@coolspot Try doing a network reset if still the same way then I would suggest a full factory reset. 

iHelp2
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@Wilberry - Thank you for joining the Fido Community and posting your concern. I appreciate you trying the different troubleshooting steps. What exactly happens when you try joining to your 5GHz network? Any error message?

I'm assuming you have other devices connected to the 5GHz network, just to rule out it's not the router issue. I suggest rebooting the router, usually, during the reboot routers scan the local environment and select the best channel available. 

Cheers!

Wilberry

I'll give that a try this evening, but do not think that will help as I have a Google Nexus Player which uses 5G, along with my Nexus 5 phone which uses 5G. Other phones in the home also use 5G, including an iPhone.

When I attempt to connect with the LG Gpad III to the 5G network it tries to connect and goes to saved (for the 5G connection). As mentioned 2.4 connects immediately and stays connected.

When I first updated the tablet it would connect and then drop after a minute or so, then less. I shut the tablet down, then started it again and it is now not even connecting via 5G simpy goes to 5G saved. As I mentioned I also reset network settings and removed the 2.4 and 5G profiles and then re-established wifi to no avail.

Wilberry

So I tried resetting the Rogers router and the LG connected for a minute and then went back to saved profile. I have logged a call with LG and will update as I get info. Surprised no one else has run into this issue.

Garimus

I just bought the GPad 3 and am sitting in front of my router with one bar...

Hey @Garimus,

Would you be able to give us a bit more info? Are you able to connect over the 5GHz network or only 2.4?

Did you try any of the suggestions that were given previously in the thread? Can you let us know how that went for you? 

Colorblind
I'm a participant level 2

I have the same issues and tried all resolutions. I hope this gets fixed as i think it affects all users who upgraded to nougat.

Hi @Colorblind & welcome to the Community. Smiley

We haven't had any alerts confirming that this is a known issue with the update; have you tried contacting LG directly to see if they've heard of it? You can contact them at 1-888-542-2623.

Cheers! 

Colorblind

I was hoping to go through fido as most who have gone through lg and their 3rd party have had no luck in fixing. 

Hello Colorblind,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, if LG does not have a solution to fix the issue, then Fido will not be able to provide a solution either. The problem is with Wifi and not with the Fido network. If it is a firmware issue, any firmware update would have to be provided from LG Canada before it gets forwarded to the mobile providers. As noted above, your best option is to contact LG Canada directly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

coolspot

Still no fix after a year huh ... Sad

No update on that on our end but if LG issues a fix it would be included in the next software updates. 

@Wilberry Try removing the password for the 5GHz and see if it can connect and hold the connection if it does put back the password and try connecting again. Did you try clearing the cache partition on the tablet?