cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyONE security update

JoshB1980-06
I'm a participant level 2

I am curious if there is a trick to get the BlackBerry KeyONE to update on the FIDO network? Rogers is showing they had a June security patch update, but my unlocked purchased from BlackBerry is still sitting on February's security patch even after trying *#*#checkin*#*# and pulling the sim card, restarting and trying checkin again.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JoshB1980-06 welcome to the community!

I'd like to double check a couple of things with you. 

• Did you manually check for updates on your phone? (settings < software updates)
  • Are you on automatic updates? 
  • Do you have enough storage for the update to be made?
  • Have tried contacting Blackberry about this? We'd suggest doing so as they could give you more info on this matter. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

JoshB1980-06

Hello @FidoDaniela 

yes, I have manually checked for updates

I am also set for automatic updates

As I do not know the update size it is impossible to say if I have enough storage, however internal storage has 8gb free and SD card has 37gb free
BlackBerry seems to believe that the updates are released through the carriers not them directly anymore, what I miss about BB10

I even tried putting my old Freedom mobile sim card in as they were actually kind of quick with updates, all I was told that wifi calling is actually enabled with them unlike Fido that only has it enabled for KeyONE phones purchased directly from them.

Alright, thanks so much for clarifying!

In the case that the updates are provided by the carriers, it's the original carrier where the phone was purchased that would push the update. 

I would suggest contacting them as they will be able to tell you if the update was pushed to everyone and give you more info about this. 

Let the community know what happens!

JoshB1980-06

@FidoDaniela 

it is an unlocked phone purchased from BlackBerry not through a carrier,

Fido clearly recognizes that this is not a phone purchased through them since WiFi calling has never worked on it since I moved moved to you in December but KeyONE from you has WiFi calling allowed

However when I put the old Freedom card in there to see if I could get the update that way there was a pop up saying to enable it even though the card not provisioned

Thanks for confirming @JoshB1980!

I do suggest you reach out to Blackberry in this case and they can provide you with more information as to how you can get the update.

I went ahead and looked up their contact information, you can give them a call at 1-855-223-4034 8:00-24:00 EST (Monday – Sunday)

Hope that helps!