cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KRACK vulnerability

CanisMinor
I'm a participant level 2

Today a major vulnerability in the WPA2 protocol was makde known. WPA (WiFi Protected Access) is used to connect to WiFi networks, and this vulnerability almost completely removes the "P" part of the protocol. Pretty much all current implementations are known to be compromised, including the Android operating system.

My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII, model SGH-I337M.

What's the best way to alert the technical team at Fido about this, so they can update Android when a fix becomes available (there maybe one already) and push to out to affected devices?

5 REPLIES 5

kludor
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

KRACK vulnerability has nothing to do with the carrier, but with your device manufacturer and OS supplier.

Unfortunately, some old (2yrs) devices will never see a patch unless they are made by  the fruity comp.

CanisMinor

Correction to my opening post: I have an S4, not anS3.

Hello CanisMinor,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I can only reiterate what has been mentioned above. Since you noted you have an S4, I thought I'd link my previous response to a similar query here, since it includes relevant information.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey CanisMinor!

Thank you for your message!

Kapable-K here is correct. For older devices, we’re encouraging customers to monitor the websites of their phone manufacturer for patch updates.

Hello @CanisMinor,

The updated is not up to Fido, first Google needs to fix it then manufacturers like Samsung will implement the update then it gets to Fido. Unless Samsung implements the update for this phone there is nothing Fido can do.

Just so you are aware in case you will be tracking if Samsung will implement the update once it's available from Google you need to make sure it's available for your specific model because Samsung makes different variants of this phone.