cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone x freezes during cold weather

mp13
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I just read in idrop news that iphone x has a problem. It freezes on cold weather especially winter and there’s a greenline. Did they solve these problems? That worries me coz i reserved this phone i don’t want to regret it

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

You can always purchase apple care to extend your warranty from 1 year to 2 years if you are super concerned about it.  (See link here: https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html)

Please note you need to buy apple care within 60 days of your ipnone purchase.

But realistically speaking: Chances is that the 2 issues you described are in every single phone. It's just matter of time and luck for both issues to appear during your 2 years of ownership of your new iphone.  The fix will most likely be a hardware related fix so they might have fixed it on phones made later.  Based on history, apple rarely recalls a product due to silly things like this (e.g, iphone 4 "Oh you are holding it wrong" issue, bendgate,...etc). 

Return it or keep it? that's your choice.  Personally I won't spend that much on a phone, especially an apple product.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey guys! 

I just wanted to pop in here and add that, with regards to the reports of iPhone X screens becoming unresponsive in cold weather, Apple has released a fix for this with their most recent software update.

If this is something that you are experiencing, please update your device's software to iOS 11.1.2.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @mp13!

Welcome to the Community!

As per some articles I've seen online, there's an iOS update that will fix the issue. I've not found any official annoucement from Apple yet.

You won't regret your new phone and keep in mind that you benefit from a Satisfaction warranty, you can exchange or return a device within 15 days from the purchase date if it doesn't meet your expectations. 

demure1984
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Should note that it's only 30 minutes of airtime also.