Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone: Could not activate cellular data network

alexv27
I'm a participant level 2

Hi All,

I've just came from abroad where used a different sim card. Upon my return, I can't access data on my phone.

When I try to open a tab in Safari it says: "Could not activate cellular data network. You're not subscribed to cellular data service"

I tried the following tips I found online: Soft reset, Cellular Data on/off, Reset Network settings, Reset General Settings, Airplane on/off, Delete Safari cookies/website data, Delete profiles under General (there were no profiles there), Updating Software. Nothing worked and the problem re-occurs.

I also went to the Fido store where I changed my sim card, but they weren't able to help with this issue.

Everything works if I insert my sim card into a different phone.

Would appreciate any help here.

Alex

10 REPLIES 10

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey alexv27!

Wecome to the Community! 

Looks like you've already tried a lot of tests to get your data up and running again. Let's check out some other possibilities you might not have thought of yet.  

Have you checked if your device might need a carrier update?

alexv27

HI Amanda,

Yes. There's no update available, so I don't think I need it.

Hey @alexv27,

Thanks for letting us know.

Can you try a Cellular Data Reset?

You can find it in Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Cellular Data Network - Reset Settings.

Keep us posted if this changes anything.

alexv27

HI Claudia,

Tried doing that too. Didn't help either...

Foskynew

I just moved in to Quebec from Nigeria and I bought a Fido SIM card but when I insert on my iPhone X device it says “No service” on my network. Please advice

Hey @Foskynew ,

Welcome to the Community! And to Quebec Smiley 

Before we can help, can you answer these questions:

1. Is your device unlocked? 

2. Did you activate the Fido SIM card yet? 

Let us know!

Foskynew

My iPhone X is unlocked

I bought the SIM card from a Fido store here in Quebec. For the activation I went online to do that but I did not find ay activate sim option. Can you please tell me how to do that?

Hey there @Foskynew

The first step you would need to complete is the creation of a profile on Fido.ca. Once this is done, you should be able to navigate to find our available BYOP plans here. Simply select the desired plan, and choose to continue to add-ons at the bottom of the page. After which the activation flow process should take over.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Foskynew

Hi Alexv, is your phone working perfectly now?

Hello there @alexv27

The last thing you're going to have to try is a full restore of your device through iTunes.

You will want to do an iCloud backup beforehand to save your stuff, because if you are experiencing a software issue, an iTunes backup might recopy the same issue so better to avoid that from the start.

If after a complete restore, you are still experiencing this issue, you'd have to start looking into a replacement option. Good luck!