cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 and P10 plus

JoelRR
I'm a contributor level 2

Why do not I still receive the new Android 9 software? On my Huawei P10 Plus, if it has already been released since April 24

56 REPLIES 56

Popper
I'm a contributor level 1

I am just wondering if there has been a status update regarding this issue? It has been nearly a week since this thread was started. There is a May security update for the Huawei P10 pending on the update schedule and we still have not received the Android 9.0 Update.

jm6262

Almost no point in even asking. They just say we'll let you know when we hear from Huawei or "keep checking the os update thread for more details!"

Its a good thing I like almost everything about Android/Huawei because the android update process compared to iOS is truly pitiful. 

DlL
I'm a participant level 2

I'm tempted to get a pixel for my next phone just to not have to deal with "Will I ever get the update?" question.

And yet the p30 looks fabulous !!

any who fingers crossed will get this update soon

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JoelRR

Welcome to the Community!

If you still didn't receive the update, you can check manually if it's available: You go in Settings > System > System Update

The phone will automatically check for updates. If an update is available, you can simply follow the on-screen prompts to install it.

As you can see here, the Huawei P10 Plus current OS is P 9.0 Smiley

Let us know if it helps!

jmcanuck

I have the same concern as the others - this is the first time I can recall when the release date's removed from the "announce" page before the  phone got the update.

I'm less concerned about the move from 8-9 but the last security update the P10 Plus got was Nov 2018 - 6mo ago.

- Jim

Hey @jmcanuck.

We are still waiting to hear back from Huawei concerning this. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know here on this thread.

DlL

How long do you guys expect this to take ?

Also why would you put the date up on your Firmware Update List if it isn't available ??

Minh12

Another update is comming soon and android p is not showed up yet. What a joke

jmcanuck

Awesome news, thanks!

JoelRR

Hello, if that same thing I do from April 24 many times up to 4 times a day🤔

Minh12

Me too. I did it many times. According to firmware finder, the firmware is there but somehow there is no ota

Popper

I have been waiting for the latest android update for the Huawei P10 by manually checking for the update within the phone itself but I have had no success. I have checked the OS upgrade schedule page and it says that the update for android 9.0 has been fully rolled out for this device. I was wondering if there is an issue on Rogers/Fido's end? The update has been rolling out since April 24th 2019.

Hey @Popper!

I moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same subject. 

You can check out the conversation above for more info!

JoelRR

I was reviewing on the internet and I see that also rouges customers have the same problem with their huawei P10 plus, do you know someone who has already updated their huawei p10 plus android 9?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @JoelRR

I've moved your post to this thread. We'll let you guys know as soon as we get an update Smiley