cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google voice search

fran2
I'm a participant level 3

How do I get Google voice search on my fido cell phone, when I purchasef Fido service the attendance put it on, I have the Blue Google logo but it wont open anymore

9 REPLIES 9

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi fran2!

Welcome to the community! 

If I understand correctly, you mean the feature which allows you to say "Ok, Google" to your phone to start a voice search or have Google do something for you, right?

You may just need to activate this in the settings for the Google app. To do this:

Open the Google app (the blue one)

- In the top left corner of the page, touch the Menu icon, once there select: Settings > Voice > "Ok Google" detection.

- Then check the box next to "From any screen"

Hope this helps! Smiley 

fran2

Sorry, I'm confused. to open the Google App do I go to www.Google.ca first..then I clicked on the left corner Menu icon but did not see Settings>Voice>Ok Google" detection.

Can't see "From any screen" on my phone, should I do this on line?   confused...this program worked fine and not I still have the blue Google icon on my phone but it won't open

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Fran,

Have you made sure that the app is enabled? The easiest way to do it is to hold your press and hold the icon until you have the following choices: 
Edit
Remove
App Info

On App info, you can see if it is enabled or not. Once you have made sure it is, click here and follow the steps. 

Let us know Smiley

fran2

when I press on the blue google app I get Rate and Review, Share, Uninstall.  it just won't open....anymore

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the application? 

fran2

Yes, A message come up I can Uninstall, but how do I reinstall...that is what I am trying to do?  

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You can open the Google Play Store, type in Google, it should be the first icon.

Let us know how it goes Smiley

fran2

message says not available on this server....so guess l'll have to visit a Fido store....I now have Gmail (don't want it or need it so have to figure out how to unsubscribe....Gerrr...thanks for help..

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Keep us posted on the outcome!