cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido unable to update an error with shipping address

unknow_user
I'm a participant level 2

I made a request for a new device on Dec 30.

Today it is Jan 7. I have been contacting FIDO every day without fail to get an update once I noticed an error in the shipment address from Purolator.

Everyday, I get the same run around, please fill this update address form, we will send this to our back office and it will be resolved. The next day, I check on Purolator, via their waybill tracking number, I get informed Purolator cannot deliver the order as there is an error in the address. I then contact the FIDO agent and the cycle repeats. This is like the 6th day in a row, talk about groundhog day. Apparently the agents cannot confirm or contact with their back office team nor do they get an update from them. I am not sure how a reputable firm like FIDO can function like this, is there is no proper communication between their own teams and why it takes so long to get a simple delivery address fixed? Are we not in 2022 where other big box companies are delivering billions dollars of merchandise every single day? Here we are struggling with one single shipment.

6 REPLIES 6

Mysticone
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Literally dealing with same thing and fido refuses to help further as they claim they sent in the correction for address and purolator refuses to let me pick up the package even with ID until fido corrects the address ugh so annoying

Hey @Mysticone

This doesn't sound right. To get this looked into, make sure to contact us. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

FidoLony

Hey @unknow_user,

Welcome to the community! 

I'm truly sorry to learn about this situation you've been going through with the order. 

This is definitely not the kind of service we aim to provide.

We would suggest contacting our customer care team and possibly escalate the ongoing case to ensure you get the phone delivered. 

unknow_user

Hi FidoLony, this was exactly what I did, after days of getting the same run around, I got weary and requested to speak to the manager. On contacting the manager, I was informed the address will be rectified once he updates Purolator with the corrected address. The wait for Backoffice team to update the info appears to be incorrect. I wish more transperancy is made when delays occurs or errors are made. Garnering for precise information on what is going on is like pulling teeth and frustrating.

While I wait, I notice I am getting partial charges on an account for which I cannot use as I dont have the device in my possession, again for which I will have to contact the agents to have this rectified. Shouldnt this all be automatically fixed? Looks like we customers again are getting hit by stray crossfires due to various technical issues for no fault of ours.

I definitely understand where you're coming from.

We're also available on Facebook or Twitter and we're happy to help. 

Hi there @unknow_user , sorry you are having difficulties correcting your address information for your device delivery. I understand that you have already made contact multiple times without Purolator getting the update. If you don't hear anything back by Tuesday or Wednesday, ask Purolator if you are able to pickup your parcel with proper government ID, if they have a depot near you. Otherwise they will return it to fido and the process will begin again. Sorry I didn't have a real answer for you, I'm not sure you were asking a question but I wanted to respond to your worry. I do hope it works out,  OL