I have a data plan (10gb) and account in good standing. I had Moto X Play and tethering worked great.
I got a new phone (unlocked LG phoenix 3 2017) and now when I create hotspot, a device can connect to it but there is no internet.
I have already set up the APN (LTEmobile.apn) and data works fine on the phone. Just not the tethering.
I have looked and no posts on this forum definitively solve this issue. Please help, thanks
Welcome to the community!
Some devices seem to need to have dun in the APN type field in order to have wifi hotspot (or tethering in general) work. DUN stands for dial-up networking. While that terminology might be out-dated, some phone still need it to be specified in the APN. You might consider editing the APN to ensure that your APN type includes default,supl,mms,dun.
Hope this helps :Smiley:
Thank you for that tip. I added that data in to the APN, saved it and tried it. Unfortunately it did not work. I rebooted and tried again. Still does not work.
Are there any other ideas for the LG Phoenix 3 (2017 model)?
Thanks in advance for more help.
Other possibly relevant info: it is an AT & T branded phone but as I mentioned, it was unlocked. Everything else about the phone works properly on Fido network (data, calling, mms txt etc).
Tether connects device, but does not give internet access to device (aka "connected but no internet")
Not too sure if it would change anything, but, have you tried a factory reset of the device?
I can't say I know what might be causing this, I wasn't able to find too much about this myself, but, I am wondering if it's possible that this may be something that can be blocked by AT&T.
@Community, Does anyone have any info/ideas?
Thank you for the idea -- I am going to hold off on that route for a moment because the phone is essentially new out of the box and I have taken steps to get the phone working with data on Fido (adding APN and overriding AT&T in Android settings.db to enable tethering).
It would be great to know what solution has actually worked for this issue from Fido's point of view. Judging by the posts on this topic, it seems there are others who had the issue but it never was resolved in the threads.
Yes, I had it set as ltemobile.apn. I also tried fido-core-appl1.apn before but did not mention that in my original post. fido-core-appl1.apn did not work then ewither. I tried it again now just to be sure (and even tried it with adding in default,supl,mms,dun too) and the same issue is there "conneced, no internet"
Ok great - I don't think there are any restrictions on my account as I have had this account for 15+years in good standing (with data).
I have not seen the PM from you yet but I will keep checking. Thanks