cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido has extremely worse customer service

reetwindersingh
I'm a participant level 2

I called Fido on Dec 24th and order a phone and asked them to port my Rogers number to Fido, they created an account for me and ordered the phone and I was told that I'll get an email with in 24 to 48 hours wiht tracking info as phone will be delivered to my home address. Once I receive the phone, I was asked to contact Fido to start the number port process. 

I did not get any email from Fido so I contacted them on Dec 28th, there response was that order is not completed yet and will definatly get an email with in a day or so. FINE

Still no email and called them back today (Jan 02nd-2021), I was told whoever created the account on 24th did not link the phone with the account and now since Dec 29th that phone has a delay of 4 weeks. I asked how come 2 different agents could not link the phone before Dec 29th and I was not told there is any delay on this phone? No answeres. I got disspointed and I asked them to cancel my new account with Fido and I am not interested in Fido. 

Guess what... 3rd agent cancled my CURRENT ROGERS ACCOUNT. WHAT A HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS???? NOW THERE OFFICES ARE CLOSED AND I HAVE NO SERVICE ON MY PHONE...FIDO WHAT THE HECK IS THISSS???? 

I WILL BE REGISTERING AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT WITH CCTS REGARDING THIS. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoValerie

Hey @reetwindersingh !

I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation, as I definitely understand how inconvenient this must be. Sad

Fido representatives do not cancel accounts with other providers (unless the request is a phone number transfer, then the account with the previous provider is automatically canceled), so it certainly sounds like there was an error, here.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at the situation, find the best solution for you and send your feedback over to the right place.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

reetwindersingh

Valerie, you expect me to talk to you guys again? 3 people I spoke with kept making the mistakes and yes they cancled my Rogers account without porting the number. I am calling Rogers to reactivate it.

Hello Reetwindersingh,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience.

@reetwindersingh wrote:... I was told whoever created the account on 24th did not link the phone with the account and now since Dec 29th that phone has a delay of 4 weeks. I asked how come 2 different agents could not link the phone before Dec 29th and I was not told there is any delay on this phone?...

What do you mean by did not link the phone with the account? Is it possible that meant porting your number from Rogers?

From what FidoValerie noted, it's not possible for customer service (from any provider) to simply cancel services from other providers. The only way that could happen would be through number porting. It sounds like that during your conversations on January 2, 2021, they initiated the phone number porting process. Once that number port has completed, it would have automatically cancelled your Rogers' line. Even though you had not yet received your phone, your line would have already been activated with temporary number. It's possible there was some confusion regarding did not link the phone with the account and mistaking that statement with porting your number to your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers