Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to unlock Fido's Samsung Galaxy S7

readytorock
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hi.

I purchased the Galaxy S7 Edge on release day back in March, and as I am planning a trip to the U.S., I would like to get it unlocked.  How exactly would I go about this... via a Fido store, online or by calling?

Appreciate the assistance.

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @readytorock

You can contact Fido by all the ways you mentioned but calling might get it done faster. Fido will charge you a $50 fee for the unlocking. Fido will provide you a code that you can input on your phone to unlock it.

Also you need to have the phone for at least 90days and in good standing.

You can get full info on Fido device unlocking policy here.

Hi.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I know this may sound dumb, but to try and avoid searching each and every setting on the phone once the unlock code has been acquired from Fido, would you know whereabouts on the S7 it would be input?

Thanks very much.

1. Power on your phone with a non-accepted SIM card. A non-accepted SIM card is a SIM from another network provider, other than the network you originally bought your phone from.
2. Wait for your phone to read: “Enter unlock/ subsidy code” or “SIM Network Unlock PIN”.

3. Enter the unlock code you received.

4. Your phone will read: “Unlock Successful”.

aurora2017
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

Although now unlock codes are free I cant unlock my phone. As soon as i insert sim card phone starts to not function correctly keeps restating with no keypad to type unlock code (i copy pasted once and it said code not correct!). Contacted many times samsung and Fido with no solution suggested. Very disappointed. Is there anyone with similar problem to me? Is there any setting that i could change to avoid this issue?

donny10
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Aurora, did you solve your problem? I am having the same with my Samsung S7. I have followed all the steps, but it says the code provided by Fido is incorrect.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @donny10!

If the code provided did not work, we'll have to take a closer look at things on our end.

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out!

See you there Very_Happy 

Hi @aurora2017 & welcome to the Community!

That's definitely odd. Is the phone working properly when you put in a Fido SIM card?

Great!

Thanks so much.