cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document viewer & editor

Car48
I'm a contributor level 2

Where is the document viewer & editor application on Android phones? Does this need to be downloaded first or does it come with Android software? The application I'm thinking of covers Word, Excel, Powerpoint and pdf files.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

@Car48 wrote:

Where is the document viewer & editor application on Android phones? Does this need to be downloaded first or does it come with Android software? The application I'm thinking of covers Word, Excel, Powerpoint and pdf files.

Hey everyone!

Since this was never answered really I just want to update the information for future users!

You would have to download an app via the playstore to be able to view and edit documents.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Randy2727

My HTC EVO 3D running gingerbread is compatable with Google docs. I can view and edit previously saved content in my Google account but I'm not sure if it is able to recognise those file formats in mobile version though. It's a free app so you might want to give it a try. It also came with Adobe Reader preinstalled which is able to view .pdf files. However I'm not sure if all phones include it, but I think it is available on the Andriod market.

Car48

I have the Samsung Galaxy Q and Android 2.2 but it didn't come preloaded with Acrobat Reader or a document viewer/editor app. Are you able to save your pdf and doc files to your sd card and transfer back and forth to your computer? If so, I will download the apps.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

*EDIT: My bad, I didn't see the Android part when I skimmed the message.

Documents To Go looks promising for the iPhone, it's $9.99. Have a look: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/documents-to-go-office-suite/id317117961?mt=8