cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Damage. But I have insurance. Can I get a replacement?

mahreentanveer
I'm a participant level 1

I got the samsung a20 3 weeks ago from a fido store nearby on a contract plan of 2 years. I got insurance for it too for any accidental physical damage. I recently accidentally dropped it; the screen has a small inner crack on the upper left side and the display has completely stopped working. I took it to the fido store i got it from but the employees there were in no mood to help me out. They kept on telling me to go to the samsung store to get it fixed. I went there and there, i was told that since the insurance is with my service provider (fido), they would be the ones to fix it and if I get it fixed from them (Samsung), I would have to pay 250 dollars plus tax. Now i dont know what to do. I have the physical protection insurance so technically it should get fixed free of cost, right?

Help a customer out please.

6 REPLIES 6

Harpreet555

I have iphone X and my cemra broken. I have fido insurance . Now how can i get help. 

Hello Harpreet555,

Welcome to the community!

You would need to start a Service Request. You can do so via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there, you can select Start or track phone repair claim under Quick Actions (near bottom of page).

You should note that there are repair or replacement processing fees, the amount of which varies depending on the MSRP of the protected device. You can view the fee schedule and additional information here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mahreentanveer,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm really sad to learn about your phone's screen and also that the experience you had in store wasn't a positive one! That's definitely not how we want to make our customers feel and rest assured that we're here to help!

The info provided by @Cawtau is correct, if you have the Brightstar Device Protection on your account, the claim for the repair would need to be filled through them. You can do it online or by calling 1-866-327-3399. Just make sure that it’s within 60 days of the accident.

I wanted to also add that your first service request for a cracked or damaged screen is at no extra cost as long as there’s no other damage to your device. 

A few things to keep in mind with regards to the screen repair:

• This no-extra-cost screen repair counts towards your maximum of two fulfilled service requests in any rolling 12-month period.
  • You can choose from Mail In, Walk In (to a select repair location) or Mobile technician (on-site visit repair options).
  • If there is additional damage, the processing fee will apply for repair or replacement.

I suggest reading this article from our Community's Library for more details.

If you need any help or have any questions, we can send you a PM on the Community or you can reach out to us here.

Hope this helps!

Rohit6

Hi can i do my screening replacement 

Hello @Rohit6,

If you currently have the device protection, just follow the instructions provided above in this thread.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mahreentanveer,

The device protection insurance is provided by Brightstar. You would need to start a Service Request through them in order to get your phone repaired under an insurance claim.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers