cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Pre installed bookmarks

Momo1410
I'm a participant level 3

It's so unnecessary and annoying. Like why would they touch brand new phone to preinstall bookmarks that you can't delete !? 

Does anyone know how to delete them ? I'm using the pixel4

9 REPLIES 9

KellyZ22
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I got the same problem. Could you please tell me how to delete fido folder under Mobile Bookmarks? I am using pixel 6. Thank you very much.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Momo1410 

What preinstalled bookmarks do you have?

Hi @Momo1410 

Welcome to the community!

Could you please clarify which bookmarks you're referring to?

Momo1410

There is a bookmarks folder called Fido bookmarks in my Chrome browser on my Pixel4 which I can't delete and won't use.

I can send you a pic if you give me your email or something

Yes, Fido phones do come pre-loaded with certain bookmarks in a separate folder.

There isn't a way to manually remove this particular folder since it comes stock with the phone. It's part of the OS. 

Momo1410

That's garbage, thank you for loading garbage on my phone this will be the last time I'm buying a phone from Fido ! 

Hello @Momo1410,

That's odd that Google would do that on the Pixel phones, I've never had that problem but I don;t have a Pixel 4.

Go to applications and clear the cache and data for chrome and see if it will remove those bookmarks. 

Momo1410

Yeah I was surprised that they would let the carriers touch the phone. The one thing that Google is known for is no bloatware and garbage like this I also had the Fido app pre-installed but I can delete it 

Hello Momo1410,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that it might not have mattered where you purchased your phone. Many android phones (most notably Samsung) undergo a process of SIM-profiling when a SIM is first inserted into the device.

Generally, I did not think that Google phones underwent SIM-profiling as well. However, it's possible those bookmarks were included during the installation of the carrier software environment in a similar process. That same process would have occurred if any of the other Canadian provider SIMs were first used in the phone. In those situations, other bookmarks would have likely been included.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers