cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar - new device

carlos182
I'm a participant level 2

I'm writting to let you know that I have a lot of problem with my Brightstar proteccion device. I paid for it 2 years (11 dollars monthly) and I paid 200 dollars for a replacement.

I got a phone that does not work (issues with resection, internet connection and system). I call them to get a solution, they started to ask for documents to validate my identity ( I sent all the doccuments). It took me 3 week to have an answer.  

I was waiting that they send me a new replacement but they want to repair the device I just got from them. Does it make any sense to you after 3 week waiting for a phone?. I spoke with 4 manager and I still waiting for a solution. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @carlos182! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your troubles with Brightstar. We'll try our best to help you out here.

Have they told you when they're supposed to get back to you with a solution?

Has that latest delay already passed?

Let us know.

carlos182

after 3 week talking to them. They wanted me to take the phone to one of their technician to repair it. I went to the their office and left the phone. the phone is unrepairable. Right now I received an email that they are going to send me a new replacement but they want me to go to technician office to pick up the phone and send it to them. Otherwise they are going to charge me 400 dollars. Do I have to spend more time with them?? is it possible?. I'm really upset with the service they gave to me. 

I had to buy another phone because it is taking so long. 1 month without phone is unacceptable. 

Your frustration is definitely understandable Carlos and I assure you this is definitely not the experience we wish to provide any of our customers. As a user myself, I understand how important having a working phone is in this day and age.

Unfortunately, Brightstar has their own procedure when it comes to device replacement. 

It would be important to return the phone to them so it is not charged to you.

I'll send you a PM soon so we can look into this with you.