cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is always looking for something that can reject your service.

Amit3
I'm a participant level 2

I had an device protection with brightstar fido and i lost my iphone 10. I filed a service request on fido brightstar system which was totally new for me. So when i logged back in the system, i saw that i do not have any service request regestired on the system. So i filed a seevice request again and this time they rejected my service request saying that you have provided wrong imei number of your device. I did not had box of my iphone with me and the only way to get the imei number was to call fido. So i called fido and got the imei number but they gave me wrong imei and again they rejected it. I called them again and this time they accpeted the service request and told me to pay 450$ for my iphone 10. I could not pay 450$ for my iphone 10 because the value of the iphone 10 is not that good. So i bought a new iphone 11 pro and i lost my f******* phone again. I regret getting on the bus where i lost it. This time they rejected my service request saying that you have total 4 service request in the last month amd it was true. But i did nit had any option in past . Because of the situation which i had i had to file 3 different request in the past. I got angry on them for this stupid reason and now they rejected all of my service request by saying that i was abusive. They left me no option. I cannot do anything now. I dont have my phone. I cannot afford to buy a new phone as i am a student right now. Plzz stay away from brightstar. Its not fair to reject a request a on a human behaviour.  This is total fraud i am going leave fido soon. As soon as i get the money to pay my tab.

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Amit3,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you've lost your phone... twice.

@Amit3 wrote:...This is total fraud...

They accepted your service request for your lost iPhone 10. They were willing to honour the device protection. For whatever reason, you chose not to accept that replacement.

Brightstar is an insurance company and one of their jobs is to prevent fraud. I understand your situation may be entirely innocent. However, multiple requests with different IMEIs and different devices within a short period of time is rather suspect of fraudulent behaviour.

I also understand you might not be familiar with the process. You might familiarise yourself with the program here. You might also consider trying to contact them again and explaining your situation fully in a calm manner. If they are willing to review an additional service request, they will want all of the necessary documentation.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Amit3

I already tried explaining them in a very calmly manner. They wont accept my request. I told them that plzz give me replacement for the iphone 10 which was accpeted in the past. But they told me no about that too. They are taking this personally. I dont know what else i can do. I need a phone urgently and i dont have enough money with me.

Hello again,

Had you reported your device lost? You can do so via My Account (see here). Did you have Find My device enabled on your device (see here)? Have you tried to contact the Bus Authority to see if anyone or the bus driver turned in your phone? Have you tried to contact the local Police station(s) to see if anyone has turned in your phone there?

If you aren't able to find your phone, you might also consider contacting customer service to blacklist the device so others cannot use the phone elsewhere.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Amit3

We haven't heard back from you. What about the steps offered by @Cawtau ? Is this something you considered? How did it go? 

Please share with the Community! 

Amit3
  1. Yeah he offered me great knowldge and i cant do anything rn so i think i will jut go with the flow

Hello again,

If that is the case, then unfortunately, I don't think there is much that can be done.

@Amit3 wrote:...They are taking this personally....

I'm sorry, but I don't think that is true. You don't seem to understand how insurance companies work. I understand you may not have had to deal with them before, but that's not an excuse for not knowing the process. They offered a replacement for your iPhone 10 but you declined that offer. When you purchased your iPhone 11 Pro, the device protection transferred to that device. So your iPhone 10 is no longer under device protection. They can't open up that service request again to re-offer you that replacement as it is no longer covered.

I do understand your reason for choosing to not accept the replacement for iPhone 10. However, you should have known about the replacement costs before submitting the service request. My storage unit in my building was recently broken into. While I did file a police report for the break & enter, I did not file an insurance claim for the stolen property because I knew that the value of the stolen items was less than what my insurance deductible would have cost me. If you realised beforehand that replacing your iPhone 10 might not have been worth its value, that would have saved you a couple of avoidable service requests. You should have been provided the documentation regarding the device protection when you purchased it.

What can you do now? If they are truly unable to replace your iPhone 11 Pro, I would suggest purchasing a cheap phone for you to use. Yes, that means that your device protection would transfer to your new cheap phone and you won't be able to get the replacement value of the iPhone 11 Pro. However, if you need a phone, it may be your only option. It's upsetting to lose that value, but hopefully it's a lesson learned.

If you don't necessarily need a phone, you have 60 days to complete a service request. You might consider re-contacting Brightstar to see if they will accept the request after that amount of time. If you choose to attempt this, you cannot use another device on your account or your device protection would transfer to that device. In addition, you should note that you are not submitting another service request for that device, you are checking whether they will accept the existing service request for your iPhone 11 Pro they already have on file.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers